Dialysis

batoryfirst

Yes, check into Dialysis At Sea. They have a booklet they can send you with the names and dates of the cruises that offer dialysis. However, not cheap! We took my dad on a cruise while he needed dialysis. He had a wonderful time.

When we took my parents on a Canadian cruise we just made arrangements up in Canada for his dialysis there. That worked out great too.

Thank you 'batoryfirst' for starting and pushing me into action to secure more information. My husband is the patient. "twinbee" you say your Dad did dialysis while on cruise. Any further information; that is, cruise line, ship, duration of your cruise, etc. would be greatly appeciated. Been on dialysis since September 2013 and very uncomfortable about strange 'dialysis clinic'. We did do a trip to Florida for 10 days and had 6 sessions of dialysis that went VERY well. The next hurdle is now....cruise. We have cruised numerous times, prior to kidney issue and would love to get back to cruising. Thanks to ANYONE with ANY information. Judy

Thank you 'batoryfirst' for starting and pushing me into action to secure more information. My husband is the patient. "twinbee" you say your Dad did dialysis while on cruise. Any further information; that is, cruise line, ship, duration of your cruise, etc. would be greatly appeciated. Been on dialysis since September 2013 and very uncomfortable about strange 'dialysis clinic'. We did do a trip to Florida for 10 days and had 6 sessions of dialysis that went VERY well. The next hurdle is now....cruise. We have cruised numerous times, prior to kidney issue and would love to get back to cruising. Thanks to ANYONE with ANY information. Judy

Suggest you contact Dialysis at Seas directly. Here's the link http://www.dialysisatsea.com/

It was Royal Caribbean ship, Explorer of the Seas some years ago.

We also took my dad on a cruise to Canada for 5 days on a Carnival ship. We made arrangements with a hospital up in Canada for my dad. They met us at the pier when the ship docked and transported my dad and husband for his dialysis and returned them. We did inform the Carnival ships doctor about my dad's dialysis. They called and checked on him daily.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and booked EOS out if Bayonne, NJ ...... Next step is getting all the paper work coordinated. Want to check with our insurance.

Little worried, but DH is confident all will work. Been reading and posting on 3 threads....lots of information out there. Thanks all......Judy