msc orchestra sept and oct

smokin tiger

has anyone noticed that all cruises for the above months have disappeared and that when you try to book tours for these months says cruise not found, have spoken to msc and ta and they say they do not know anything about this.

has anyone noticed that all cruises for the above months have disappeared and that when you try to book tours for these months says cruise not found, have spoken to msc and ta and they say they do not know anything about this.

Can you still do web check-in?

When my web check-in stopper recognising my cruise it was the beginning of a long saga climaxing with my cruise being cancelled.

Good luck, and hopefully MSC customer service will get their act together and actually help a customer (but I wouldn't hold my breath.)

Yes, the Orchestra appears to disappear in Kiel, Germany on 6th September not to reappear again until 25th November for her repo from Venice to Dubai. There are several itineraries listed in between but all return a "cruise not found" error. Even if the listed itineraries are not cancelled, there is still a gap 6th- 22nd September with no explanation of how she gets from Kiel to Venice. It is exactly the same on the Italian web site so presumably others too.

There is no announced dry dock period for the Orchestra and it is possible that the 6th-22nd September gap is a private charter. It is most likely IT issues causing the "cruise not found" errors - MSC's website is notorious for glitches but as Papcx says, this is also how cancellations initially manifest themselves - before the MSC UK office are even informed!

Which itinerary are you booked on?

update: I found the Kiel to Venice repo - advertised on an Australian TA web site!

http://www.cruiseaway.com.au/special/msc-orchestra-cruise-kiel-venice?sd=06/09/2014

Edited by Skipper Tim

hi we are on 25th oct cruise, we assume its being altered or cancelled due to Ukraine, crimea but msc refuse to comment

Precisely! The old cruise appears to have been removed. Next, the new itinerary will go on sale. Then, they will get round to telling you about the change.

MSC UK won't comment because they won't have been told by Napoli HQ what to say yet!

They may offer a discount off a future cruise if you decide to cancel but I doubt you will be offered any compensation for a minor itinerary change.

Good luck.

Edited by Skipper Tim

We are on the October 14th sailing and I phoned my TA yesterday and she in turn called MSC who said my booking was still good!!! I asked about port changes and she said they will email us when the do make changes.

Some of us here had a similar experience and for similar reasons.

We were booked on a repositioning cruise on MSC Armonia from Sharm el Sheikh, via the Suez Canal, Turkey, Greece and Montenegro to Venice. It was a dream itinerary. I was still regularly checking prices as they had drastically increased and some friends still wanted to book. The first thing I knew about any change was a big splash on the MSC website advertising the same ship in the Canary islands at the same time! Our cruise no longer listed.

MSC UK initially had no idea and insisted that our cruise was still on. It was many days before we were officially told and offered a totally different repositioning cruise from Gran Canaria. The reason given was the unrest in Egypt (i.e. poor sales).

Others have had cruises cancelled, ports of call removed, etc. etc.. There is a certain heavy and high-handedness on the part of MSC which is peculiar to being totally privately owned and micro-managed centrally from its Napoli HQ.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Orchestra is still missing from the cruise list after the 11 night 25th October cruise, so there is a 20 day gap before the Venice to Dubai cruise could it be a dry dock?

If it is it would make perfect sense to spruce her up before her season in UAE and then onto Australia and back.

If it is it would make perfect sense to spruce her up before her season in UAE and then onto Australia and back.

Amo ... Fingers crossed then that it is so it looks nice and clean etc for our Venice to Dubai trip ... :)

Amo ... Fingers crossed then that it is so it looks nice and clean etc for our Venice to Dubai trip ... :)

That is a journey still on my bucket list and I will most definitely do it one day. Hope you both enjoy it,. The orchestra is a lovely ship.