Carnival Legend, Aft balcony 6264

I'm leaving on the Legend 6/29 and super excited.

Has anyone ever had this cabin? I'm curious because just 2 weeks from sailing and I have the only aft cabin booked on this deck (not including the wrap arounds - they are booked). Is this because they are undesirable? There is one aft cabin still available on deck 7 for another $20. Should I look to move?

Thanks for any advice!

Is the cruise generally quite full?

If it isnt that will probably be your answer.

We were sailing on one of the less popular Baltic routes last year with a french door cabin booked. We were surprised to see 2 in between life boats still up for grabs and 15 others on that deck 2 weeks before sailing as well as many other categories available.

Has anyone ever had this cabin? I'm curious because just 2 weeks from sailing and I have the only aft cabin booked on this deck (not including the wrap arounds - they are booked). Is this because they are undesirable? There is one aft cabin still available on deck 7 for another $20. Should I look to move?

Thanks for any advice!

For only $20, I'd take that in a second. You'll love the aft balcony. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise. I LOVE the Legend.

For only $20, I'd take that in a second. You'll love the aft balcony. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise. I LOVE the Legend.

Pungo ... does it make a difference to go from deck 6 to deck 7 in the same cabin? I guess that is really my question.

Pungo ... does it make a difference to go from deck 6 to deck 7 in the same cabin? I guess that is really my question.

You are far enough away from Lido that there shouldn't be any noise. I think deck 7 would be just fine.

But is staying on Deck 6 okay too? I've already printed all my boarding stuff, luggage tags, Camp Carnival stuff, etc. Not a big deal to reprint, I just want to know if it makes a difference going up a level. I've tried to do lots of google searches and have not seen anything positive or negative in any way.

If someone has been on both decks with an aft balcony and can note that there is any difference one way or another, I would love to know.

OK, now I understand. You have the aft on 6 and have a chance for the aft on 7. Frankly, I'd stay where you are. I really don't think you'd notice a change between the two decks. It's really no big deal to be one deck higher. I'm sure you'll love being on deck 6. Both locations are fine. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Pungo!!! You have been on so many cruises, so I trust you and I'm very happy to stay where I am. I've already gotten over $200 in OBC, I'm excited about our cabin as well. Last cruise we had an ocean view, and while it was lovely, I'm thrilled about having a balcony. I have an autistic child, and while he is very well behaved and easy to handle, he does need breaks. Now being able to give him those cabin breaks and being able to just enjoy the balcony is going to make a huge difference for me. On the Glory I have an extended aft on deck 7 booked, and I figure if I don't like this category on my upcoming Legend cruise I have plenty of time to make a change. From what I have read about Aft balconies, they are awesome!

You are going to LOVE the balcony. It will be a great place for you and your child to hang out if he needs quiet time and rest. I'm delighted I could help you. I remember my very first cruise, and I had so many questions. I got all my answers here. Cruise Critic is such a great resource, especially when you can 'talk' to people who have actually been on the ship you have questions about. :D

I booked my first cruise about 8 months in advance, and I had no idea about any of these message boards and all I could have learned before cruising. I'm so glad now having the experience of one cruise under my belt and the boards both here and on the Carnival site. I am so better prepared in how to pack and now going to have the experience of a huge balcony I am going to have that to share with other first time cruisers. I'm intending on keeping a daily journal so I can come back and do a review of not only the ship, but the excursions I have picked (3 - none of which are Carnivals).

We are booked in 6264 on the Legend on 8/30 for a 23 day cruise from Long Beach to Sydney, Australia. (South Pacific Islands, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Fiji....).

Make sure you and your family have hats or visors, as the sun can be very warm back there....little to no shade.

Take good care of the ship for us and have a great cruise!

Susan

I had cabin 6262 on the Legend. Very quiet back there. One plus about aft cabins is that there really is no foot traffic in that area.

You will love it!

Did you have that room after the refurb? We have it for Alaska in May - LOVE Aft balconies! Wondering if there is a couch in this one. thanks

I believe there is a couch. Anyone else that has had an aft balcony please chime in. It is me and my two boys so I am assuming they have some kind of sleeping area for my son. I'm going to you tube an aft balcony now - usually people have videos of their rooms.

I bought a journal today so I can do a nice long post with a review when I return.

Thanks for any advice!

Just a thought... We just booked room 5268 aft, one deck down from yours on the Pride, which is the same deckplan as the Legend. When booking, deck 6 was more expensive than any other deck. Not by a ton, but a little bit. That could be a possible reason?

Thanks for any advice!

We had cabin 6262 and it was a great location.

Of all the cruises we've been on, cabin 5268 on the Legend was our favorite.

Going out to watch the wake was mesmerizing.

We typically do insides now, to be able to cruise more than once a year, but will always fondly remember that cabin.

You can't help but love it!

The only thing that surprised me was that the glass railing is angled out at the bottom (vs. being vertical). Not a huge deal but just something it be aware of. May actually be a good thing depending on ages of kids.

JEALOUS!

GP