Fun Vodka Tour -- St. Petersburg???

Anyone recently been on the SPB evening Fun Vodka Tour in St. Petersburg? Good experience? Bad? Would you recommend? My wife and I are tempted, especially since it's now a cruise and apparently takes in the Eliseevsky Food Hall. Thanks!

Anyone recently been on the SPB evening Fun Vodka Tour in St. Petersburg? Good experience? Bad? Would you recommend? My wife and I are tempted, especially since it's now a cruise and apparently takes in the Eliseevsky Food Hall. Thanks!

We took this tour two years ago. I would recommend just because it offers a view of St Petersburg that is quite different than that from a bus or car. According to the tour guide, the Czar intended St Petersburg to be like Venice and viewed from the canals. The vodka was not particularly to my liking, but actually not too bad when chased with apple juice which they also provided. There was also some live Russian music and dancing.

Definitely would recommend seeing SPB from a canal boat. Whether you do it during the day as perhaps part of your 2 day itinerary, or do it at night, is up to you. Or perhaps you will want to do both!

Last year we did the canal tour during the day and did a different activity during the evening.

When I was researching our cruise last year, I came across some mixed reviews of the vodka canal tour. Just FYI.

Edited by RJ2002

We took this tour last month - 3 groups were combined because so many people canceled due to the cold weather. Stop at a souvenir store, visit to Eliseevsky Food Hall and canal ride. More of a "fun" tour than sightseeing - 4-5 bottles of vodka emptied between the 12 of us.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm signing up for this also...same ship as you.

Great news! It looks like we'll have enough people to make this happen. Of course, the more the merrier! This should be a lot of fun, and beautiful on the canal -- sunset will be at 11:10pm that night.

Great news! It looks like we'll have enough people to make this happen. Of course, the more the merrier! This should be a lot of fun, and beautiful on the canal -- sunset will be at 11:10pm that night.

You will not be sorry you went on this tour. I do have to say that if you don't drink you probably won't have as much fun. :D Because the vodka flows freely, and even the guide drinks. I know you wanted recent reports, but even after three years, this is our favorite part of our Russian experience. It made it enjoyable because we were with new found friends to share the experience. Vika and the Spb staff will not let you down.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved it! We stopped at a souvenir shop briefly, then a lovely upscale deli/grocery store (not sure of the name). In between the stops, our guide (Alexander) provided commentary and pointed out some of the things we didn't see on that day's tour. The boat tour was terrific - the city looks quite different at night! I would definitely take the tour again, if I return to St. Petersburg.

Liz