Passing Oasis in the night...

I am on Allure now and saw Oasis passing by just a few minutes ago. It was so cute, each ship flashed their crown and anchor symbol. For a cruise nerd it was a treat. It makes sense we would pass each other but I didn't realize it would be that close. It is a fun photo opportunity although the iPhone didn't like taking the picture at night. I am hoping my regular camera got a decent shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on Allure now and saw Oasis passing by just a few minutes ago. It was so cute, each ship flashed their crown and anchor symbol. For a cruise nerd it was a treat. It makes sense we would pass each other but I didn't realize it would be that close. It is a fun photo opportunity although the iPhone didn't like taking the picture at night. I am hoping my regular camera got a decent shot.

Please post the photo if it comes out.:)

WOW, you were definetely in the right spot at the right time.

Now I will have to stay out on deck to see that when we return from our upcoming cruise in July on that sad Sunday morning.

What a great thing to witness.

Thanks for posting the information.

I will be out with camera in hand.

Sea Ya

We saw it too last night. It only happens on allure eastern route it was between 10:30 and 11:00 I think on starboard side Oasis was following a princess ship. We got invited to the bridge Friday morning and the captain was telling us about it. They get to about 1.5 miles from one another when it happens. They are not allowed any closer when not traveling in the same direction. Captain thore is a neat guy and will tell you anything you ask if he knows the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We saw it too last night. It only happens on allure eastern route it was between 10:30 and 11:00 I think on starboard side Oasis was following a princess ship. We got invited to the bridge Friday morning and the captain was telling us about it. They get to about 1.5 miles from one another when it happens. They are not allowed any closer when not traveling in the same direction. Captain thore is a neat guy and will tell you anything you ask if he knows the answer.

So it looks like Oasis was leaving for Eastern while Allure was returning from the Eastern route. If this was the following weekend when they would be leaving/returning on the Western route, would they still see each other?

Something similar happened on our Alaska cruise on Rhapsody. We were in port the same day Radiance was in port and departing the same time. Rhapsody beat Radiance out and as we passed them the captains just kept tooting the big horns at each other. They were standing out on the outside bridges and getting quite a kick out of it, too! The passengers were quite entertained as well! :D