Bringing soda and water on board

seems to me if you cant afford to buy water and soda you should stay home just my opinion

My little one is extremely picky. We bring a few liter bottles of electrolyte enhanced water for watering down her juice. She used to only drink fruit flavoured water and had a fit when we tried to put a real slice of fruit in it. We brought these two bottles INSTEAD of the wine. Sigh, the things we give up!

Just got back from FOS and put a 40 pack in a small suitcase (Costco had it in 40 pack cases). No problem at all. Checked it so i wouldn't have to carry it around before rooms were ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our porter must have been having a bad day - he wouldn't check our case of water. We ended up only taking a few bottles that we could carry. :confused: Oh well, we definitely did not let that spoil our trip! Had a great time! :)

I have read about this happening. Just put it in a rolling carryon so you can take it on yourself. They'll ask to see it when it goes through the scanner but they should let you take it on.

We got off the Allure 6/29 and had no problem bringing a case of water on board. Gave it to the porter and he was more than happy to take it. We carried on 4 bottles of wine 2 per cabin) and they didn't even ask about it.

We just got off Enchantment and carried on 2 bottles of wine and checked a case of Dr Pepper. We had no problem. We just brought on filtered water bottles, so didn't check water. (even though the on board water is filtered, we have the bottles so brought them.) The kids had soda cups in the room, but my husband and I only occasionally drink a Dr. Pepper. They did enjoy ordering Shirley Temples during the shows - since they brought them in big goblets with a lime and cherry.

seems to me if you cant afford to buy water and soda you should stay home just my opinion

Not a question of "afford" for me so much as "preference." If I can get a ship with a Coke Freestyle machine, no problem!! :D

Always take a case of water and 2 - 12 packs (coke zero and sprite zero). Put in a paper box, without cover, tape the heck out of it. I also leave a note to please inspect for contraband. Slap on a luggage tag, and tip the porter well.

Never had a problem, as a matter of fact the last two cruises it was the first thing to make it to our room.:D

PS I prefer coke and sprite zero and most cruise ships do not carry it. Have bought soda package in the past and was not a fan of fountain soda.

• 1 month later...

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

My question is - if they consider soda 'non-alcoholic' then why do they mention that security may inspect containers and then specifically mention soda bottles? Why would they check them if they were not allowed? Why would they not just confiscate them? Perhaps when they say 'non-alcoholic' they are really talking about other types of drinks like milk, protein drinks, sports drinks, Red Bull, etc.. Just wondering if that is why all the posts I have read so far seem to indicate that reasonable quantities of soda or water are brought on with no problem. Can anyone report that they have NOT been allowed to bring on soda or water? Not arguing that anyone hasn't, just wondering if anyone has had theirs denied? We are booking our first in a long time RCI cruise and DH drinks Diet Coke by the gallon. Since we are Diamond, not sure if it is worth it to us to buy a drink package. The soft drink question could be the deciding factor:)

...My question is - if they consider soda 'non-alcoholic' then why do they mention that security may inspect containers and then specifically mention soda bottles? Why would they check them if they were not allowed? Why would they not just confiscate them? Perhaps when they say 'non-alcoholic' they are really talking about other types of drinks like milk, protein drinks, sports drinks, Red Bull, etc.. Just wondering if that is why all the posts I have read so far seem to indicate that reasonable quantities of soda or water are brought on with no problem. Can anyone report that they have NOT been allowed to bring on soda or water? Not arguing that anyone hasn't, just wondering if anyone has had theirs denied? We are booking our first in a long time RCI cruise and DH drinks Diet Coke by the gallon. Since we are Diamond, not sure if it is worth it to us to buy a drink package. The soft drink question could be the deciding factor:)

Yes, we have been denied taking a case of water on board in March 2013 boarding Monarch.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

My question is - if they consider soda 'non-alcoholic' then why do they mention that security may inspect containers and then specifically mention soda bottles? Why would they check them if they were not allowed? Why would they not just confiscate them? Perhaps when they say 'non-alcoholic' they are really talking about other types of drinks like milk, protein drinks, sports drinks, Red Bull, etc.. Just wondering if that is why all the posts I have read so far seem to indicate that reasonable quantities of soda or water are brought on with no problem. Can anyone report that they have NOT been allowed to bring on soda or water? Not arguing that anyone hasn't, just wondering if anyone has had theirs denied? We are booking our first in a long time RCI cruise and DH drinks Diet Coke by the gallon. Since we are Diamond, not sure if it is worth it to us to buy a drink package. The soft drink question could be the deciding factor:)

What does being Diamond have to do with getting a soda package?

If we are Diamond as you know we get a certain amount of free drinks each evening. Beyond that, we will spend some amount on extra drinks before or after. If we are able to bring soft drinks onboard, then the amount spent on extra drinks (liquor or soda) will be fairly minimal. If we need to spend money on soft drinks as well as other drinks, then we would consider just getting a regular drink package. It would not make sense cost-wise to get the soft drink package, and then spend extra money on alcoholic drinks. Perhaps we could save a few $$'s, but not enough to make it worth the while. That is what I meant by mentioning Diamond.

Edited by phoenix_dream