ADA Boarding on NCL

OCMS Fan

At what point do ADA passengers board?

A) Before anyone including haven and suite passenger.

2) After haven and suite passenger, before regular boarding.

c) With boarding group 1.

IV) Some other time.

101) My numbering sequence is bizarre especially using binary 5.

At what point do ADA passengers board?

A) Before anyone including haven and suite passenger.

2) After haven and suite passenger, before regular boarding.

c) With boarding group 1.

IV) Some other time.

101) My numbering sequence is bizarre especially using binary 5.

Having a disability does NOT entitle that person to board first and ADA Law does NOT require that cruise lines must board people with disabilities first.

If you have your own wheelchair/mobility scooter and do not require NCL to provide wheelchair/pusher assistance you will typically be called to board with all other passengers in the same group previously assigned to you.

If you do not have your own wheelchair and require NCL to provide a wheelchair for boarding you will have to wait until a wheelchair/pusher is available (regardless of your previously assigned boarding group) and assistance is provided on a first come first served basis.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I have my own mobility scooter and have always been boarded on NCL with all other passengers with special needs. In fact there is even a designated waiting area for us, regardless of 'assigned boarding group'.

Wedding parties or other 'special' groups tend to board first, and then the HC passengers.

This has been my experience on 3 recent NCL cruises.

Boarding a ship is NOT like boarding an airplane! Folks will be boarding from around 11am until 90 mins. prior to departure....it's a multi-hour process! Basically, it's 1st come, 1st served, once the ship is cleared of departing passenger.

Boarding a ship is NOT like boarding an airplane! Folks will be boarding from around 11am until 90 mins. prior to departure....it's a multi-hour process! Basically, it's 1st come, 1st served, once the ship is cleared of departing passenger.

I'll be at the pier between 9:30 and 10:00.

• 2 weeks later...

On Carnival, we were told to wait in a certain place with our WC daughter and boarded pretty early. But we got to Port Canaveral pretty early (930-10ish) so we sat in our van & watched the previous cruise passengers disembark. Next cruise from Miami, I don't recall being told to sit in a special area but we had our boarding group number & just got on with everybody else in that group. No problems either time to get on the boat & not so many people that my daughter got overrun!