seattle hotel

bones774

You can also jump on a 13 bus at 1st & Republican just a block behind Dicks - that's what I do to get up to the top of Queen Anne to visit Paramount or Hilltop ale houses.

$2.50pp, WELL worth it compared to schlepping up that dang hill on foot (although if there are 3-4 of you, a cab will probably work out the same or even less than the bus - though if memory serves a Transfer is good for 2 hours of bus use, so you can probably come back down the hill in the bus without paying an extra fare... I always spend longer than that in the pubs so haven't been able to try it myself!)

Is there a convenient laundry to maxwell. Like to do dropoff service before returning home. Don't wanna pay tourist rates.

Helena's is about 3 blocks away. Not sure about their turnaround time though. Won't be tourist prices but it will be downtown Seattle prices.

Helena's is about 3 blocks away. Not sure about their turnaround time though. Won't be tourist prices but it will be downtown Seattle prices.

Just googled helenas, they do same day service if in by 10AM, so thats great.

Thnaks

The Maxwell hotel isn't available for our dates. Does anyone know if the Mediterranean Inn or Inn At Queen Anne is any good? The reviews are mixed online, mainly stating that both Inns are outdated. Both cost on the "low-end" at $160-200 a night (before taxes). I would love to stay at Inn at the Market Inn but no rooms are available for the nights we will be there.

Edited by hyperdrive

The Maxwell hotel isn't available for our dates. Does anyone know if the Mediterranean Inn or Inn At Queen Anne is any good? The reviews are mixed online, mainly stating that both Inns are outdated. Both cost on the "low-end" at $160-200 a night (before taxes). I would love to stay at Inn at the Market Inn but no rooms are available for the nights we will be there.

Haven't stayed at the IaQA, but have used the Med a couple of times. Great location, great roof deck, nice lobby, friendly staff, basic rooms (most without AC - given the humidity of a Seattle summer I strongly suggest paying extra for a room with AC, as opening the window for air will bring in a lot of noise from patrons leaving the nearby pubs & restos).

Another hotel to consider in the Seattle Center/Space Needle area is the Hampton Inn.

The Mayflower is a convenient location downtown ... next door to Westlake Center where the Light Rail and monorail stations are located, and 2 blocks from the Market.

An area overlooked by tourists is Lake Union which is only 1 1/2 miles from downtown. Our office books clients into the Silver Cloud Lake Union. They have large rooms, a pool, gym, great b'fast, and a free shuttle that drops guests at the Market, Space Needle, Westlake Center. Since it's near the Lake there are waterfront restaurants, a great park where you can watch all the boat traffic and float planes.

Another hotel to consider in the Seattle Center/Space Needle area is the Hampton Inn.

The Mayflower is a convenient location downtown ... next door to Westlake Center where the Light Rail and monorail stations are located, and 2 blocks from the Market.

An area overlooked by tourists is Lake Union which is only 1 1/2 miles from downtown. Our office books clients into the Silver Cloud Lake Union. They have large rooms, a pool, gym, great b'fast, and a free shuttle that drops guests at the Market, Space Needle, Westlake Center. Since it's near the Lake there are waterfront restaurants, a great park where you can watch all the boat traffic and float planes.

Thanks for the recommendations. It seems like most hotels are in the $200-250 per night range. A bit pricey, is this "normal" for downtown Seattle?

Thanks for the recommendations. It seems like most hotels are in the $200-250 per night range. A bit pricey, is this "normal" for downtown Seattle?

yes, Seattle is a pricey town. And most hotels charge another $30 a day for a guest to park their car!

August is the best weather month so a busy tourist time, plus SeaFair activities for a few weeks make it even busier.

Hotels by the airport are much cheaper. To explore Seattle you can ride the light rail into town for $3, 40 minutes.

In June we stayed at the Waterfront Marriott. We had reserved the room about six months in advance because it was the best price we found at the time for that part of town. We liked the central location. Wif-fi was free if you were a member of their rewards program (which was free to sign up for before I booked the room).

We are staying in Seattle for 2 nights pre cruise in May 2015. Can anyone give any feedback for Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown and Hotel Vintage? We will then go to Vancouver for a night before we take the Radiance.

Edited by sbfanatic

We are staying in Seattle for 2 nights pre cruise in May 2015. Can anyone give any feedback for Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown and Hotel Vintage? We will then go to Vancouver for a night before we take the Radiance.

I'd suggest starting a new thread for your question. This one has been around for awhile now so people stop looking at it.

I've never heard of the Vintage. Go to the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and put the word Vintage in the Search function to pull up past threads. (I only use tripadvisor reviews if they're from someone who has written more than 12 reviews. Too many of them are staged)

I'm a local so never stay downtown ( except for a recent wedding when I stayed at the Inn at the Market ... fantastic place). So I can only say the Hyatt is well located; 1 block from Westlake Center where you can catch the Monorail to the Space Needle/Seattle Center, or ride the Light Rail to/from the airport, and about 4 blocks to Pike Place Market. It looks like a very nice place.

Edited by mapleleaves

We just returned last night from Alaska and spent 3 nights before the cruise at the Moore Hotel. It was extremely reasonable!!! Less than $400 for 3 nights and that's very low for Seattle! It was built in 1907 and had sooo much character!!!! We even had a claw foot tub! It was an easy two block walk to the market and we couldn't have asked for a better location! It's well worth checking out!!!

Thank you so much. I found this to be quite helpful. We are cruising in May 2015 and I think this is exactly what I was looking for!

What transportation did you take from airport to get to the hotel and to pier?

Thank you so much. I found this to be quite helpful. We are cruising in May 2015 and I think this is exactly what I was looking for!

What transportation did you take from airport to get to the hotel and to pier?

If you can easily manage your luggage to walk 8-10 minutes, you can take the light rail from Seatac to Westlake Center, $3 for the 40 minute ride.

Otherwise a cab will run about $35-$40.

Which pier? Pier 66 might be walkable for you. Otherwise a cab will be $10-$15. Pier 91 will be $15-$20.

Or look at Shuttle Express http://shuttleexpress.com/?vh_accommodation=cruise-transfers-2

If you can easily manage your luggage to walk 8-10 minutes, you can take the light rail from Seatac to Westlake Center, $3 for the 40 minute ride.

Otherwise a cab will run about $35-$40.

Which pier? Pier 66 might be walkable for you. Otherwise a cab will be $10-$15. Pier 91 will be $15-$20.

Or look at Shuttle Express http://shuttleexpress.com/?vh_accommodation=cruise-transfers-2

Thank you so much! We really appreciate the information.