Help, please ! Water Caye?

scotlady

Thanks for posting a review of this.

We are thinking about booking it through Celebrity for our cruise in January.

I would like to snorkel since the last time we did Lamanai Ruins..which was excellent, but we want a more relaxed day for this one.

DH is a land lubber but enjoys napping on the beach while I swim and snorkel.

This may have to do I was hoping for good snorkeling off the beach, but it's not the end of the world.

Like everyone else..we normally do independent tours but in Belize do not want to deal with tenders etc.

NCL has bought an Island in Belize and will start having tours to it like with their private Island in Bahamas. Once that is open it will be a no brainer when sailing with them.

A quick question...do you remember what else was on the menu and apx costs (range of prices)

Thank you

Do you know what island NCL purchased and when it is supposed to be up and running? As we are on an October sailing on NCL that includes Belize and I am still trying to figure out what to do there. I would LOVE a nice stretch of beach with a bar, waiters and snacks....

We have already done the conventional excursions in Belize.....so any ideas would be appreciated!

Do you know what island NCL purchased and when it is supposed to be up and running? As we are on an October sailing on NCL that includes Belize and I am still trying to figure out what to do there. I would LOVE a nice stretch of beach with a bar, waiters and snacks....

We have already done the conventional excursions in Belize.....so any ideas would be appreciated!

It was a recent purchase and will not be ready for quite a while I can't remember if the press release said 2015 or 2016.

There are several beach excursions for Belize, if you check your NCL online account they are listed in your reservation.

Have you done the Lamanai Ruins and river safari Tour? If not I highly recommend it. We loved that tour. It is like 4 in one.

Edited by gardiner41

Thanks for posting a review of this.

A quick question...do you remember what else was on the menu and apx costs (range of prices)

Thank you

I remember nachos, and they might have had hamburgers and hotdogs. The costs for the food was about $8 for a plate, and the beer was about $3-$4. Don't know prices for other drinks since did not get them. They had waiters that would bring you drinks and food.

I remember nachos, and they might have had hamburgers and hotdogs. The costs for the food was about $8 for a plate, and the beer was about $3-$4. Don't know prices for other drinks since did not get them. They had waiters that would bring you drinks and food.

Thank you. Sounds very reasonably priced.

I think I will plan to do this. Sounds like a nice quiet day. We have a number of very active long days planned for this cruise so this should be a nice change of pace.

Thank you!

Well, we cancelled Caye Caulker Shark/Ray Alley through Coral Breeze (easy-peasy, quick, and friendly deposit refund btw) and went with the RCI ship excursion Beach Break to Water Caye. I agree there's so little info on the CC boards about it! :( From a web search, appears it used to be a day resort for cruise tourists and has been reworked, so it might be really new. It's also not on Trip Advisor AT ALL. :confused: A realty website I found says this: "Water Caye is a 511 acre island located near the deep water channel in Belize. The cruise ships pass this island every time they are in port. The island was once the site of a day resort operation serving the cruise lines. A significant amount of improvements have been made to the island including 10 acres of filling and a fully functioning resort facility on site."

We are sit-on-a-beach-and-take-in-the-view type folks, so the description of the excursion sounded perfect for us. AND THE BEST OF ALL....we are taken RIGHT FROM THE SHIP to the caye, :D which saves all the wait and tender time. I was just getting more bummed the more I thought about the time we'd waste getting off the ship and the hour-long trip to Caulker. We'll take our own snorkeling equipment and hope for a local vendor to take us out snorkeling.

I think that's the best we could hope for in this CRAZY port. Before September (our cruise date), I'll definitely continue to look for reviews on Water Caye.

Sherri

Please check back in when you get home and let us know how it goes. We are traveling in January and are unsure of which excursion we want to do. Like you, we are sit on the beach and enjoy the water people. We also want a cold drink in our hands while doing so!

I'd love to go cave tubing, but the crowds sound terrible. Our ship is the only one in port when we are there, so maybe it won't be as bad as it was for others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are cruising for the very first time in March with Princess. I am really having a hard time deciding what to do in Belize, but think its sounding best to take one of the snorkeling excursions that leave from the ship. Been doing lots of research about the Water Caye snorkeling and beach excursion and the Sergeants Caye snorkeling, but seeing lots of mixed reviews. Leaning toward the Water Caye one since it has beach time as well. Will have my 16 and 12 year olds with me. Will be watching this for any more reviews.

• 2 weeks later...