Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

Oasis Royal Family Suite

TripleU here is what I find in my research:

"The four Royal Family Suites on the Oasis of the Seas sleep eight and feature a master bedroom and bath and a guest room and private bath. Two Pullman beds are in the second bedroom. The Royal Family Suites also have a private balcony with outdoor dining and lounge area that seats four. The sofa can be converted to a double bed' date=' and the and master bath has a tub. The Royal Family suite is 553-square-feet and its balcony is 238-square-feet."

It looks like a wonderful cabin! How many of you are sailing?

I found some pics too..hopefully post tomorrow[/quote']

Thank you!! I don't know why I didn't think to check YouTube. I sincerely appreciate your research. I'm beyond excited for our cruise in April. There will be 7 of us - me, DH, our 5yo triplets and my parents. I'm nervous about dynamic dining, and I can't wait to hear about all the dry dock changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!! I don't know why I didn't think to check YouTube. I sincerely appreciate your research. I'm beyond excited for our cruise in April. There will be 7 of us - me, DH, our 5yo triplets and my parents. I'm nervous about dynamic dining, and I can't wait to hear about all the dry dock changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're welcome. WOW :D three the same age! Oh you all are really going to have a great time!

15017529750_44d05e9b9b.jpg"

All guests booked in a Suite, except Junior Suites, enjoy more amenities and personalized service including Concierge Club for an exceptional vacation experience. Announcing Royal Caribbean International’s new suite program designed to focus on distinctive and personalized service and touch every aspect of the guests’ experience from arrival through departure.

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private seating in specialty restaurants

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast"

For more info ="http://oasisoftheseasallureoftheseas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/suite.pdf"

15017634547_9e0c2a43d8_z.jpg

15201159881_d49dc0e38c_z.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis Galley

The galley tour was quite interesting. We were with a special group and the galley tour was part if our training. As you can imagine the area is quite massive. They have a lot of different stations set up depending on what the waiter needs. There is a salad area, a area for the escargot, various main entree areas etc.

There is even an area in the galley for the dining room bartenders. I always thought they went to the closest bar to get those drinks. Actually I guess it is a bar. It is just located in the galley.

I figured that each level of the main dining room had its own galley but I never thought about the Windjammer having its own galley apart from the MDR galley. That of course makes perfect sense.

14319825838_25e3dbd222_c.jpg

14319872967_1dc146bbaf_c.jpg

14483272806_9c05d8b0e5_c.jpg

14320738367_92acbc8722_c.jpg

The bar area

14528127016_e55ddb4811_b.jpg

More Galley

Escargot is available every nightl.

14571315723_c62f549e78_c.jpg

14551206045_b706636971_c.jpg

Plus don't forget about the "scallops-cargo" are available some nights. They were one of my favorite appetizer's. YUMMY!!!!

14364562768_b3c311d6f8_c.jpg

Hmmmmmm.....So that's the secret ingredient that makes that soup so good!

14364577558_fe5f9cd939_c.jpg

More Galley

Escargot is available every nightl.

14571315723_c62f549e78_c.jpg

14551206045_b706636971_c.jpg

Plus don't forget about the "scallops-cargo" are available some nights. They were one of my favorite appetizer's. YUMMY!!!!

Hmmmmmm.....So that's the secret ingredient that makes that soup so good!

14364577558_fe5f9cd939_c.jpg

What is "scallops-cargo" ?

What is "scallops-cargo" ?

More Galley

Plus don't forget that the "scallops-cargot" are available some nights. They were one of my favorite appetizer's. YUMMY!!!!

[

Hi bling19572910: "scallops-cargot"are like escargot only with scallops instead of snails....they were YUMMY and I even allowed myself to enjoy the wonderful bread that came along with the dish...see the picture above.

Thanks so much for posting a question and I hope you stay along for the ride...more to come...:cool:

Great Photos of the parades and rooms. Just love the kitchen scenes as well thank you.

Hi Folk Singer: You are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and I'm glad you are enjoying my idea of a "review". I love researching and sharing information and when it comes to cruising and cruise ships i just get all excited about the process!

I hope you will stay along for the ride. More to come. :cool:

Please allow me to perform a little sidebar...

I am booked on the Nov 14 2 nite Inaugural/Naming Ceremony for Quantum of the Seas and I am sooooooo EXCITED!!!:D

I sailed on the Oasis Inaugural/Naming Ceremony and was hoping to get on the one for the Quantum. I am grateful.

Here's some QOS to wet your whistle:

This thread is to a picture link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2093254

Quantum entertainment experience:

Quantum Technology video:

Thanks for indulging me. :cool:

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

WOW! Great review, very detailed. We loved sailing on Allure of the Seas last year. We want to try Oasis once she is switched over to Dynamic Dining next year.

Can't wait for your review of Quantum of the Seas. We will be sailing on her in January 2015, but we just can't get enough of QOS.

Keep on Cruising!

Hi Folk Singer: You are welcome. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and I'm glad you are enjoying my idea of a "review". I love researching and sharing information and when it comes to cruising and cruise ships i just get all excited about the process!

I hope you will stay along for the ride. More to come. :cool:

I am hitching a tour with you. :) Best check your luggage next cruise, I might try to stowaway.. :eek:

You are so welcome yukongold. I'm glad you are enjoying them and thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment.

Please stay along for the ride. More to come. :cool:

Ms. Lillie

Enjoying your journey. Great Photos. Congratulations on the Plaque you received from RCCL. :):)

Edited by Folk Singer

WOW! Great review, very detailed. We loved sailing on Allure of the Seas last year. We want to try Oasis once she is switched over to Dynamic Dining next year.

Can't wait for your review of Quantum of the Seas. We will be sailing on her in January 2015, but we just can't get enough of QOS.

Keep on Cruising!

Thanks EatSleepCruise. Glad you are enjoying the ride. The sisters (Ms. Oasis and Ms. Allure) are fantastic Resorts on the Sea aren't they?!!!

We are anxious to try Dynamic Dining as well.

We are hoping that the new bandwidth will allow us to do a "Live" one when we sail the Quantum 2 nighter. We are of the same mind when it comes to her. Can't get enough!

Well thanks for posting and hope you stay along for the rest of the Oasis ride. :cool:

Ms. Lillie

Enjoying your journey. Great Photos. Congratulations on the Plaque you received from RCCL. :):)

Thanks Folk Singer and thanks so much for your posts. They are greatly appreciated. Sometimes one feels like they are posting for not so its nice to see others posting along with you.

And thanks for your congratulatory remarks about the plaque. I had heard about it before but never really thought about when it would occur so it was quite unexpected!

Well enjoy your day and hope to see your fonts again. :cool:

Great Photos of the parades and rooms. Just love the kitchen scenes as well thank you.

These are for you Folk singer:

Thanks to cruiser caneguy for pics and commentary below of the Oasis Galley Behind the Scenes Tour. (1 of 3)

After the talk about the Aqua show we then went to the kitchen (galley) of the 4th deck Opus Dinning Room to view the workings of the kitchen. We were greeted by Eduardo, who is the Chef du Cuisine of 150 Central Park. Eduardo told us that he has worked with Michael Schwartz, the Executive Chef of 150, at his restaurant in Grand Cayman and was asked to come aboard the Oasis to run 150 Central Park. We had a very nice tour of the kitchen.

Fun Facts

1) No open flame anywhere in the kitchen

2) Each deck of the galley has a different function and prepares different items

3) Very little waste of food, (except of course when we don’t eat that 4th entrée’ we ordered)

TheKitchenourguideEduardo__zps19f752e1.jpg

EDUARDO OUR GUIDE

TheKitchenhardatwork_zps906d63c4.jpg

TheKitchencookingsurface_zps8cf9d7c9.jpg

NO OPEN FLAMES

TheKitchen_zps4235f4e4.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Thanks to cruiser caneguy for pics and commentary below of the Oasis Galley Behind the Scenes Tour. (2 of 3)

galley con't

I WANT THE STAINLESS STEEL BUSINESS!!!

TheMasterChefgreetingus_zpsa771a77e.jpg

MEETING THE CHIEF, I mean the main guy, CHEF.

sorry forgot his name

From the galley we then walked down to the storage area of the ship, were all the items brought onto the ship each Saturday are kept. Look at these pictures. Our guide for this portion of the tour told us why the tour is given only on the final two days of the cruise…. On Saturday and for a few days into the cruise, this area is completely full and has only a very small walkway between the pallets of stored items!!

FUN FACTS

1) On each Saturday over 240 TONS of “stuff” are brought on the ship for consumption

2) Each type of food is stored according to the temp. best kept for that type of food, i.e. fruits and vegetables one cooler, beer another, red wine and white wine kept in different coolers for temp. control

3) 14,000 pounds of watermelon consumed each week

4) 28,000 bottles/cans of beer drank each week

5) On each Saturday whatever few pallets of food are left are placed in the front of the storage area and used on that day. If anything is left over then it is discarded.

Ourstorageguide_zpsb6e7c128.jpg

OUR GUIDE OF THE STORAGE AREA, HE IS IN CHARGE OF STORAGE

beerstorage_zpscea0d852.jpg

BEER COOLER

I think I will just stop here for a while