Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

Oasis Revitalization_Dry Dock and Rotterdam videos (they are not in English but they are still pretty good to watch)

These videos show some shots of Ms. Oasis actually in Dry Dock. It is just amazing to me how they actually take the ship out of water so they can give her the face lift she is in need of. I think she looks amazing even though she needs some revitalization.

Ms. Oasis Docking in Rotterdam, Holland 9/30/14. this is pretty cool:

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oasis in Rotterdam ready to come back to America

This one is rather long at 20 minutes...shows Ms. Oasis Docked in Rotterdam and all the various onlookers including some from other boats passing by

Boats and departure of Oasis of the seas to dock, port of Rotterdam, 30-9-'14 part 2 of 4

This one shows her backing out with the view Port side...she was docked Starboard side

Boats and departure of Oasis of the seas to dock, port of Rotterdam, 30-9-'14 part 4 of 4

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

• 2 weeks later...

I am!!! going on a cruise Feb 20th 2016 and staying in one of the new grand suites on the back of the Oasis. I am loving real life pics and stories about some of the changes they have made. Much better detail than what's on the RCCL website

thank you!

I am!!! going on a cruise Feb 20th 2016 and staying in one of the new grand suites on the back of the Oasis. I am loving real life pics and stories about some of the changes they have made. Much better detail than what's on the RCCL website

thank you!

Good for you TheHobby's!! She is BEAUTIFUL. Wow A GRAND Suite. That is wonderful!!! Are you celebrating a special occasion?

Keep checking my Quantum thread as I have lots more to post.

Quantum Naming Ceremony live review Cruise Critic link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...8#post44727758

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing on Oasis on Feb 21, 2015. We sailed on Radiance last January in Australia and I must say, the Windjammer was absolutely AWESOME! If the Windjammer on Oasis is any where near as good as that, we'll be taking all our meals there. I'm a bit confused about how the MDR will be configured until they change to Dynamic Dining in March.

Still working on the Quantum review but I'll be back here soon to finish up...Sailing Oasis July 18 and getting very excited!!!

Anyone sailing soon got some questions...please post and I'll try to find you some answers...

ILuvCruisin... just stumbled on your Oasis thread and saw your post about "secret balconies where you can watch water show"! I will be boarding Oasis for the first time in about two weeks... how do I find these balconies!! haha. And are there any more fantastic tips you can share?

Merry Christmas, Internet Pricing and Dynamic Dining update

Hello All! I'm still updating the Quantum thread but wanted to come and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Also, I wanted to share the info below from someone who is currently sailing on Oasis. There is also some news about Dynamic Dining being postponed until later in 2015.

Since you are on board and posting. You must be using the internet. have they switched over to the OB3 faster internet? How fast? and what are the costs? Hoping it's up running by end of Jan. Enjoy your cruise.

We got the middle package was $150 for 2 devices unlimited for duration of cruise, there was a slower connection pack for I think $115 and a faster one for around $250. We have only been using email basic internet usage and Skype and the mid pack has been perfect for us connection is great

ILuvCruisin... just stumbled on your Oasis thread and saw your post about "secret balconies where you can watch water show"! I will be boarding Oasis for the first time in about two weeks... how do I find these balconies!! haha. And are there any more fantastic tips you can share?

photogpab alas I understand the "secret" balconies are gone...replaced by suites..:o

Thanks for posting and please be sure to come back to report on your cruise experience...I have no doubt you are going to have a BALL!!!

here are a couple of threads with some great tips, just use the search box at top of RCCL board to find more...

Threads with Oasis Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2138968&highlight=secret+tips

this one was started in 2010 but most of the tips are still valid: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1147587&highlight=secret+tips&page=5

Here are my Allure tips (some not just Allure). Most are food related.

1. Go to WipeOut Cafe for breakfast. Nice small breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast) and a made to order egg / omelette station. The omelettes are great.

2. If you have any picky eaters with you and you want them to enjoy a specialty restaurant, go the day before and ask special order a meal. Our son is a picky eater so when we go to Giovanni's Table, we go the day prior and ask them to make a simple chicken alfredo pasta for him.

3. Park Cafe (in Central Park) is a great place for a quick breakfast / lunch. Breakfast has a made to order bagel bar, "egg mcmuffin" sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal. Lunch has a made to order salad bar, carved beef sandwiches, grilled panini's, quesadillas.

4. If you are not going to use any of the items in the fridge, at the beginning of the week ask to have them removed. Gives you a fridge to use but also prevents false charges from showing up. We had a charge for something used in the fridge but we never opened it. Wasted 30-45 minutes at guest services to get it removed. It also keeps one more person out of your stateroom. Otherwise someone from the bar staff comes into your room during the week a few times to check for items used / billing. I prefer to have less staff entering my room when I am not around.

5. Samba grill: we enjoyed this (Brazilian steakhouse) but it is a LOT of food. 9 different types of meat. Eat a very small lunch if you do this.

6. Chops was okay. Best appetizer we had was the bacon (more like a small steak of bacon).

7. I mentioned Giovanni's above... it was our first time ever doing Giovanni's as we always heard mixed reviews. It was one of our favorite meals.

8. Sorentos Pizza: I liked the special order pizza station. They rotate the ingredients at the station. If they don't have an ingredient you want, ask if they have it available.

9. If you don't already have them, buy some towel clips to keep your towel, shirt, cover-up from blowing away. You can find them on Amazon for a few $$.

10. Get to the AquaTheater shows early. There are 2 types of seats... sling chairs with backs and then a hard wooden bench. The sling chairs fill up fast.

If you have anything specific, just ask.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

We are sailing on Oasis on Feb 21, 2015. We sailed on Radiance last January in Australia and I must say, the Windjammer was absolutely AWESOME! If the Windjammer on Oasis is any where near as good as that, we'll be taking all our meals there. I'm a bit confused about how the MDR will be configured until they change to Dynamic Dining in March.

Hi Diver2014...for our group we enjoy Windjammer for Breakfast and Lunch at times (sometimes I eat in Park Cafe or Johnny Rockets) but for Dinner most of us prefer to be served so Main Dining Room and Specialty are the preferred choices with WJ maybe once...but my sister enjoys the WJ for all meals...she likes to take her meal in the cabin most of the time as she enjoys the balcony...

I find the variety most accommodating in the WJ...I can always make a salad if nothing else suits me...

As for DD so far I understand they have simply changed the decor in the previous dining rooms and renamed them to the DD restaurant names...so each deck of the MDR has a different name...the word is out now that DD on Oasis will not take effect until end of 2015

Thank for posting and please come back..

• 1 month later...

Ran into the picture below and thought wow I have not posted anything to that Oasis thread in a while. Why don't I post this great picture of a Flowrider in the side yard of an Estate that can be seen as you sail away in FLL.

It's tax season so things have gotten pretty busy for me I still have a few things to post from our Quantum cruise but I hope to be back here at some point. Would really rather be posting about cruising than preparing tax returns but gotta bring home that bacon!

So I hope to complete this thread soon. Meantime check this out. We will definitely have to look for this Estate on our next Oasis FLL Sailaway:

We joined our Roll Call group on the public deck on 11 aft (see my pre review for the list of secret SHH! public places) for a pre meet at sail away. Moira and Brittany from Australia were hanging onto their Australian flag for dear life for the webcam, and we met Jeff and Rene's daughter, and a FL couple who were very nice, but their names are escaping me right now!

The FLL sail away is fun, there are lots of condos, and the folks blow air horns wave and cheer from their balconies as we go by (hey, its Saturday, they are blowing off some steam!). Then there are the folks on the point and the beach all waving, the pilot boat was using the PA to say "Oasis, make some noise". No kidding, who knew our Coast Guard were cheerleaders!?

Then you pass many seaside estates, which are something to see. Be sure to check out the house with the Flowrider in the side yard, really, he had a full size regulation Flowrider, which he was surfing on as we went by (he probably saw it on the passing ship one day and just ordered it from the Billionaire Catalogue, but that's speculation on my part)

(flowrider photo) 140588030.jpg

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

• 6 months later...
Oasis Revitalization_They didn't mess with The Rising Tide Bar continued

These are the views you see as you ride the Rising Tide Bar up from the Royal Promenade Deck 5

Focus Deck 6 is where all of your pictures that the ship's photographer's take can be purchased

The other picture is the Schooner Bar which is across the promenade from Focus Deck 6

The last picture is the ceiling once you arrive to Central Park Deck 8...the Rising tide Bar is actually open with the glass sides only coming up part of the way...

I'm patting myself on the back for this post....As my Pastor says...sometimes you have to encourage your self....:D

This is a great description of the Rising Tide Bar...

• 10 months later...