Viking wine and beer

Tom3nj18

We are going on the Budapest to Amsterdam grandtour in August. Viking says wine and beer for lunch and dinner. How is the wine and beer? Just curious about the quality. My take on wine is if it tastes good it is good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well taste, of course is always a personal thing. On our Danube cruise on the Idun I thought the red wine was just OK, drinkable, but just OK. I am mostly a red wine drinker, but not what I would consider a "wine snob".

I thought the white wine was better than the red, but of course that really doesn't pair very well with a lot of meat dishes. So white might not be a good option all the time. You will have to try it yourself and see.

The beer, which I had a few times with lunch was very good.

Bottom line - you will have to be the judge.

Also, they may serve different wines depending on the cruise, so you may wind up with different wine than I had. My wife is not a wine drinker. She thought the (not included) vodka was very good.

We are going on the Budapest to Amsterdam grandtour in August. Viking says wine and beer for lunch and dinner. How is the wine and beer? Just curious about the quality. My take on wine is if it tastes good it is good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Plus, you can bring on any wine that you want with no corkage fee. My husband can only drink wheat beers and they always had them available at not extra charge.

We are not extremely particular but we know really bad wine. We thought the wine and beer on Viking was good. They did have some different choices each night in addition to the standard. There is also no corkage fee if you buy a local bottle and bring it to dinner.