Seward (which seavey's) tour!?

Jruns

We are between doing Seavey's wilderness dog sled ride and tour (1.5 hours) would explore the rest of Seward on our own OR the Real Alaska day tour (6 hours) exit glacier - dog sled - lunch at resurrection roadhouse and more. Can anyone help me choose which one is best! It's my last tour to book and I can't decide!! Sometimes being stuck with a guide all day (when town is doable to explore on your own) is awful and sometimes it's a don't miss!! Any thoughts?? Has anyone done the 6 hour tour? It's a long time if it's not great:-((. Thanks for any insight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

if you want feedback, you need to post links to both tours. People aren't going to look it up.

You can replicate the longer tour easily by renting a car (HERTZ) and going on your own. Drive to Seavey's for the dog cart trip, drive to Exit Glacier then hike the trail, drive thru town to the SeaLife Center then see the iditarod statue, wander around town and the harbor. With a car you can also do a little more exploring if you have time. Or are you taking the train to Anc that evening?

Seward is VERY small ... there's a waterfront path, maybe 1 1/2 miles that goes from the harbor to downtown (by the Sealife Center). Nice walk ... look for otters playing in the water, bald eagles, all the fishing boat traffic. Visit the SeaLife Center, then catch the free shuttle back to the harbor. Or take the shuttle both directions if walking isn't an option. Exit Glacier Guides has a $10 shuttle to the park where you can walk on your own or take a ranger led walk. Add in the short Seavey tour wherever it works.

YOUR decision to make.

I would not tie myself up with the combo tour. Book yourself on the Seavey's tour, then go to Exit on your own, for as long or short as you wish. You do not need a "guide". Then you have your choices of meals.

We are between doing Seavey's wilderness dog sled ride and tour (1.5 hours) would explore the rest of Seward on our own OR the Real Alaska day tour (6 hours) exit glacier - dog sled - lunch at resurrection roadhouse and more. Can anyone help me choose which one is best! It's my last tour to book and I can't decide!! Sometimes being stuck with a guide all day (when town is doable to explore on your own) is awful and sometimes it's a don't miss!! Any thoughts?? Has anyone done the 6 hour tour? It's a long time if it's not great:-((. Thanks for any insight!!

I agree with the others book the shorter dog sled ride and tour exit glacier and Sea life center - then stop for a bite to eat at Chinooks - at the small boat harbor - awesome food - had the Halibut!! so fresh

We have the tour at 11:30 so right now we have (seavys) picking us up at the train station and plan on walking and bus or taxi!!! We figured we will drop our luggage at train station for ten and they pick us up at 11:10 and now we have til 5:30 free!! I will work on everything else now that I have this tour booked!!

Well, I disagree with most of you....isn't that what makes the world go 'round? I know all of the Seavey's and both of their tours are good, but if you have $$$$ go for the tour and the glacier sled dog ride....I suspect that the tour will be run by Eric...unless it is his day off....He is an Iditarod finisher as well as a geo physicist..(retired)...not your average tour leader....He call tell the best stories....about Alaska, about the geology...if you are interested....and of course about the dogs. The flight up to the glacier is nothing short of miraculous....and the dogs are absolutely wonderful....Lots of puppies.....I believe that you would not be unhappy with your decision....