Passport for Yukon ?

jsf

We are taking a tour from Skagway into the Yukon and back. They say we will need our passports to re-enter the USA. Do I need to take our actual passports with us or can I just make a copy to take with us?

J.

We are taking a tour from Skagway into the Yukon and back. They say we will need our passports to re-enter the USA. Do I need to take our actual passports with us or can I just make a copy to take with us?

J.

There's an international border crossing; USA - Canada, so yes you need appropriate documentation, not copies. Depending on your citizenship, you may need additional documentation as well. You might be able to get by with an enhanced drivers license instead of passports but if your vendor requires a passport, you better have one, or ask if the enhanced DL will suffice.

I don't recall if Michigan is one of the states with an Enhanced Drivers License or not. We used ours on the border crossing a couple of weeks ago, but everyone else had to have their passports, yes. EDLs are valid for land and sea border crossings between US and Canada (and certain others not relevant here), but only a few states offer them.

Jim

Passports required......and don't show up with a prior DUI.....You will be turned back, kicked off or who knows what else Canada may come up with....:) They are very serious about that.....Back owed child support is another one....and Yes, they know.....