Southampton boarding times

I have received our ticket booklet today which I am so excited about. But I was disappointed to read that as we are on lowly deck 2, we cannot board until 3.30pm. Can anyone who has sailed from Southampton recently tell me if we will get turned away if we turn up earlier? I want to be on that ship, not hanging around Southampton.

Thanks in advance.

Davina

It all changed this May, as check-in staff are trying to prepare for next year when there will be several extra large ships in Southampton, including Anthem of the Seas, another RCI, Royal Princess and twin P&O Britannia, plus the usual Ventura, Azura, Cunard and C. Eclipse.....and of course all the smaller ships. This means many more passengers to be checked in than ever before.

In May they began by asking people to board according to decks....we were on deck 8 of Independence OTS, and our time was 12.15. We rolled our luggage to the stevedores at 11am- it's no difference for them, and they just shouted to leave it there....We returned to the Holiday Inn next door for coffee, then strolled back through the gates at noon. No-one asked about our time, nor the cabin deck.

This is different from other years when we've just gone whenever we've arrived.....I don't know if that is going to work any longer. The times are set around the arrivals of the coaches, which mean a vast influx between 1 and 3pm.- not a good time to be around. ;)

We had the same email, nobody even asked and we just joined the short line at about 11.45, took about 20 mins from walking from car park to being on ship.

Don't panic I can't see them turning anyone away who doesn't comply.

Have. Nice cruise.