Question re: Palo Brunch on 3 day cruise with a sea day?

lawgator

We are going on a 3 night cruise on the Dream on November 7-10. The only scheduled stop is Castaway Cay (we don't mind because we don't really enjoy Nassau all that much), so there is actually a sea day on this cruise. Do you think they will offer a Palo Brunch? We would love it if they did! Anyone have experience with this? Also any other tips as to what else they might have on our sea day? Thanks in advance for your help.

We are going on a 3 night cruise on the Dream on November 7-10. The only scheduled stop is Castaway Cay (we don't mind because we don't really enjoy Nassau all that much), so there is actually a sea day on this cruise. Do you think they will offer a Palo Brunch? We would love it if they did! Anyone have experience with this? Also any other tips as to what else they might have on our sea day? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry no brunch. The three days cruises do not have them and I can't see them changing a food order just for one cruise.

They will organise activities on the sea day the general stuff of bingo etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Traditionally there are a lot more on board activities offered for families and adults on sea days.

As to brunch...I don't know whether they will offer it or not. On the positive, it will be nice for a small number of people. The negative is that there will be a lot of people who can't get a reservation. What I'd do is to go on line as soon as your window opens and try to book it. If it is being offered, it will appear.

Traditionally there are a lot more on board activities offered for families and adults on sea days.

As to brunch...I don't know whether they will offer it or not. On the positive' date=' it will be nice for a small number of people. The negative is that there will be a lot of people who can't get a reservation. What I'd do is to go on line as soon as your window opens and try to book it. If it is being offered, it will appear.[/quote']

I agree with the post above to either email or call to ask.

If they do not, and enough people contact them to ask if they will offer it them they will most likely do so.

As for this comment:

Sorry no brunch. The three days cruises do not have them and I can't see them changing a food order just for one cruise.

They will organise activities on the sea day the general stuff of bingo etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Changing a food order..... Easy, given they know what a 4 day cruise requires.

And just for one cruise..... I'm pretty sure the Dream does a 3 day cruise at least once a week mostly.

Labor wise is the only stumbling block I can think off, but otherwise, if they have the demand, and can make money from it, then DCL will offer it!

ex techie

Changing a food order..... Easy, given they know what a 4 day cruise requires.

And just for one cruise..... I'm pretty sure the Dream does a 3 day cruise at least once a week mostly.

Labor wise is the only stumbling block I can think off, but otherwise, if they have the demand, and can make money from it, then DCL will offer it!

ex techie

The issue is not that they do a 3 night cruise weekly, it is that THIS 3 night cruise will have a sea day while most do not.

It isn't difficult for them to offer the brunch; it's just a matter of whether they choose to do it. Yes, it might increase some CM hours, but would also increase crew tips!

Lawgator - we'll be on the same cruise, and while I booked it strictly for the dates I was pleased to see there was no stop in Nassau. Although, Nassau is good for getting some of the other passengers off the ship ;-) Are you from Gainesville by any chance - that's where we are.

Sue/WDW1972

Lawgator - we'll be on the same cruise, and while I booked it strictly for the dates I was pleased to see there was no stop in Nassau. Although, Nassau is good for getting some of the other passengers off the ship ;-) Are you from Gainesville by any chance - that's where we are.

Sue/WDW1972

Yes, we are from Gainesville, too! Going to keep my fingers crossed for the Palo Brunch and check on it as soon as the booking window opens. We are gold status, so will have a wee jump on the booking window. We only usually got off in Nassau to find a cafe and a Kalik beer and check our internet because it is cheaper there. :-) I'll let you all know on the board here if there is a Palo brunch when I find out...unless someone else here is on the cruise and a higher Castaway Cay status and can tell us when their booking window opens.

I'm platinum, so my window opens July 10th. The Palo brunch is excellent, but I don't think I'll take time out for it on this cruise, since I'd never be able to eat dinner. I'm cruising with a friend who's never cruised before - should be fun to see it through virgin eyes, lol! As platinum, I get a meal at Palo for free, but I'll be booking a dinner. WishI could learn my dining rotation in advance, but they never give out that info.

Sue/WDW1972

I'm platinum, so my window opens July 10th. The Palo brunch is excellent, but I don't think I'll take time out for it on this cruise, since I'd never be able to eat dinner. I'm cruising with a friend who's never cruised before - should be fun to see it through virgin eyes, lol! As platinum, I get a meal at Palo for free, but I'll be booking a dinner. WishI could learn my dining rotation in advance, but they never give out that info.

Sue/WDW1972

It's always fun to do Disney with first timers! If you don't mind when your booking window opens can you let us know if there is a Palo brunch available even if you're not booking it? I know in the past a couple of times I have put in a request on my reservation by calling in for a certain dining rotation and they did honor it. Maybe you could give that a try. We're taking my 85 year old Mom with us and even though she's cruised Disney 4 other times, she never did Palo and has never been on the Dream. I thought a brunch would be a good option for us all to try together so she could also see all the dining rooms at night.

• 2 weeks later...

lawgator - They're doing both the Palo brunch ($25) and Remy champagne brunch ($50) on Saturday 11/8/14.

I booked dinner at Palo for that night....brunch is great but I'd rather not take time out of the day for all that food! Hopefully you'll have your choice of times still when your booking window opens.

Sue/WDW1972

lawgator - They're doing both the Palo brunch ($25) and Remy champagne brunch ($50) on Saturday 11/8/14.

I booked dinner at Palo for that night....brunch is great but I'd rather not take time out of the day for all that food! Hopefully you'll have your choice of times still when your booking window opens.

Sue/WDW1972

Wow - two brunches on the same day? That's quite a repast!

Val & I made the "mistake" of doing both Remy Brunch and Dinner on the same day (about 8 hours apart) and found that to be too much (rich) food. The experience certainly was wonderful though.

Wow - two brunches on the same day? That's quite a repast!

Val & I made the "mistake" of doing both Remy Brunch and Dinner on the same day (about 8 hours apart) and found that to be too much (rich) food. The experience certainly was wonderful though.

I think they mean that the ship is offering brunch in both Palo and Remy, not that one person booked both. I might be wrong, though. And I agree-- adult dining brunch and dinner on the same day is a mistake!

No, you're right. The Dream is offereing both Palo & Remy brunch on Saturday 11/8 (3-night cruise that thankfully skips Nassau), but I'm doing neither! I've done brunch in Palo a number of times in the past on 7-night itineraries, so I know how much food it is! I booked dinner at Palo for that night, but with only 2 days of cruising (and one of them being at Castaway Cay) I'm not willing to spend part of my daytime hours sitting inside overeating at brunch ;-) I might have considered it if it was a longer cruise and if I wasn't sailing with someone who has never cruised before....as it is, she'll have to miss dinner at one of the restaurants but that's the price of doing only a 3-night cruise! Palo can't be missed....and the other 3 restaurants frankly are nothing special (especially the cartoon-fest in Animator's Palette).

Sue/wdw1972

Thank you so much for the update....very great news indeed!

Sue/WDW1972

• 2 weeks later...

Just went online at midnight when my booking window opened for gold status Castaway members and was able to book Palo brunch with no problem for the 3 of us in our stateroom. Availability was there for every hour. Remy brunch was available, too, and would be nice, but I think the cost of Palo will be enough at $25 per person. Very happy with this sea day option! Now I hope that our friends who are in a different stateroom, but who don't get their booking window open for another 15 days can book with us, too.