Balmoral Island Questions

HDC80

We, DH, DD9, DS6 and I will be in Nassau, in August. Last year, we went to the Sheraton and would like to do something different this year. I have been looking at Balmoral Island and would like to know your thoughts and opinions on some things.

*Balmoral Island Beach Day - $49.99/adult, $24.99/child. Total - $149.96

I have read that the meals are pretty expensive. Around $15 per meal.

*Balmoral Island Beach Day Deluxe - $59.99/adult ($10 more), $49.99/child ($25.00 more!) Total - $219.96 This is a huge difference for the child. I don’t understand why it is $25 more.

*Balmoral Island Cabana by the Pool - $219.99 – I am guessing this is the whole party. Do we have to get beach day passes along with this? It also had two bullets under this that has “None” and then the next bullet has “snack only” listed. Does this mean there is a snack included? A little background information. I am a redhead and have the fair skin to go with it. When we go to Half Moon Cay, We get a cabana. Are there a lot of umbrellas on the beach? I don’t want to have to sprint to the umbrellas as soon as we hit the island, if there aren’t many.

*Balmoral Island Stingray Encounter & Beach Day - $69.99/adult & $39.99/child. Under the “advisory” section, it states No age limit for this excursions, however: age 6 and under free (with a paying guardian). That would total $179.97 BUT, do we have to get a beach day pass for the 6 year old?

So the dilemma is, I don’t know which one to pick.

If you have done a Balmoral Island day, how long did you get to stay at the beach? I know the excursion says 4.5 hours, but many reviews said it was close to 2.5 hours after transportation.

Feedback I have read on the Ports of Call boards (check them out!) say that the time on the beach is sort of short, and they didn't think the cabana rental was worth it for only 3 hours.

We are there in October, and we are doing the non-deluxe, just the beach day without lunch. Chairs are available. Umbrellas are, too, but somewhat limited.

Edited by Lovefuninthesun

Feedback I have read on the Ports of Call boards (check them out!) say that the time on the beach is sort of short, and they didn't think the cabana rental was worth it for only 3 hours.

We are there in October, and we are doing the non-deluxe, just the beach day without lunch. Chairs are available. Umbrellas are, too, but somewhat limited.

We went for the stingrays in March- not impressed. Crammed onto sub-par boats, long ride, some rudeness, said stingray visits at your leisure-- not so. One group had to sit in a "holding" area to wait their turn. You can't go to the beach and come back- must wait. Also, the meal looked (didn't get one) like boxed lunch sandwiches or burgers. Won't go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We, DH, DD9, DS6 and I will be in Nassau, in August. Last year, we went to the Sheraton and would like to do something different this year. I have been looking at Balmoral Island and would like to know your thoughts and opinions on some things.

*Balmoral Island Beach Day - $49.99/adult, $24.99/child. Total - $149.96

I have read that the meals are pretty expensive. Around $15 per meal.

*Balmoral Island Beach Day Deluxe - $59.99/adult ($10 more), $49.99/child ($25.00 more!) Total - $219.96 This is a huge difference for the child. I don’t understand why it is $25 more.

*Balmoral Island Cabana by the Pool - $219.99 – I am guessing this is the whole party. Do we have to get beach day passes along with this? It also had two bullets under this that has “None” and then the next bullet has “snack only” listed. Does this mean there is a snack included? A little background information. I am a redhead and have the fair skin to go with it. When we go to Half Moon Cay, We get a cabana. Are there a lot of umbrellas on the beach? I don’t want to have to sprint to the umbrellas as soon as we hit the island, if there aren’t many.

*Balmoral Island Stingray Encounter & Beach Day - $69.99/adult & $39.99/child. Under the “advisory” section, it states No age limit for this excursions, however: age 6 and under free (with a paying guardian). That would total $179.97 BUT, do we have to get a beach day pass for the 6 year old?

So the dilemma is, I don’t know which one to pick.

If you have done a Balmoral Island day, how long did you get to stay at the beach? I know the excursion says 4.5 hours, but many reviews said it was close to 2.5 hours after transportation.

Wow have things changed since Carnival took over. We used to hire the boat guy from Cable Beach for $5 a head, and go over for the day. Would buy a burger and a drink for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

See if any other Carnival ships are in port that day, to get an idea how crowded the beach will be. When we went, it was not crowded at all. Not worth renting a cabana, day is too short. Eat a big breakfast, and get lunch when you get back to the ship. Food is very expensive. Best deal is probably the iced coffees as they are close to the same price as you get at Starbucks outside of the island. There is a big covered patio with couches/chairs that you can sit under if worried about the sun.

My family DW abd DD age 10 did the dolphim encounter Thanksgiving 2013 we loved it, only two Carnival ships in port, beach was great got an hour and a half with dolphins, water crystal clear. Only complaint 3 burgers with fries and drinks $58

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the input! We won't go to the stingray part :)

Are we able to take food off of the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can only take unopened, pre-packaged food off the ship. You can't take things like fruit or sandwiches because of agricultural regulations.

I've seen several posts by cruisers saying to bring baggies so you can order room service and take sandwiches for lunch from the ship. Do they check your bags as you depart?

Why would you want to disregard the laws of the countries you are visiting? Agricultural laws are there for a good reason.

I don't want to disregard them! I'm just not sure a sandwich counts. Seriously? Don't judge!

This is from Royal Caribbean's Cruise Compass:

Agricultural Law

Please be advised that absolutely no food of any kind may be taken off the ship and into our ports of call. Guest bags and purses may be spot checked.