just curious reason behind your Cruise Critic Registered name

My registered name is so unoriginal... wish I had thought some more on it. It is my first name and last initial. I was afraid that if I made something else up, I would forget it!!!

Big sci-fi fan, Stargate SG-1 is my favorite show. Are there other women who love sci-fi?

stargate fan,

I love Stargate, and starting to get into Atlantis. I am also a fan of Star Wars, not so much of Star Trek, though.

We are watching the Farscape series right now and love it... very happy to hear that some actors from this series will be on Stargate!!!

Mine can be easily figured out.......j for Joyce then my never ending positive attitude toward life, and my last name.

No one EVER has this name on any log in I try! LOL

This is one of the best threads in a long time! I'm glad I logged on today. it has brough a smile and it's nice to see some folks I haven't seen in a while.

When I first had an internet name, it was gmctrv (my first initials and trv for travel.) I went to chat and most women thought I was a male (guess the gmc indicated I had a truck or something.) I decided to change to a name that was more feminine, so I chose Katie.(I'm married to an Irishman) That was taken, so I thought Katiel (for Katelyn) but that was taken too. I added the 53 as that was my age. So, now I am Katiel53.

Gerri

PS This is probably the only time I will be Gerri, lol.

When I was turning 30 (ten years ago) I was pretty much freaking out about my age. I happen to find a baseball cap that had "Still a Babe" written across the front of it. I loved it, and from then on I've been using that name for everything. I guess it's been sort of an affirmation for me -- Hey, if you hear something long enough you start to believe it! Now that I'm the big 4-0 I don't really care about age anymore and I'm comfortable with myself, but I've been using the name for so long that it's just become habit.

Sorority name. Pi Beta Phi shortened to "Pi Phi" with "goddess" at the end because it's a greek organization.

Did you know...Jennifer Garner of "Alias" fame is a Pi Beta Phi alum.

I am a Pi Phi too, Pennsylvania Beta, Bucknell University, Class of '91.

My user name is my nickname with a 2 because the first was taken. . .

My friend in HS loved the Ernest P Worrell movies, and he had a friend you never saw named Vern. He was always saying "Hey Vern". So she started calling me Vern and it stuck. Only my immediate family and close friends, and now my CC friends call me Vern. Did I happen to mention that she looked like Ernest P?:eek:

The RDH is for my profession-Registered Dental Hygienist. Going on 14 years of cleaning teeth:D . At least my boss likes to cruise also, so he doesn't mind if I take time off to cruise:p .

Taking off tomorrow to Sail on the Sovereign-see ya all next week!!!

Archived