To the Baltic on Azura

tom_uk

One more sleep.... we're off to the Baltic on Azura tomorrow, 29 June. It's our first cruise on Azura and our first cruise into the Baltic, so new territory in a number of ways (although we are very familiar with Ventura). I shall be blogging from the cruise, here.

• 3 weeks later...

We're back from this cruise - got home on Sunday - and I've done an overview review which includes links to all the blog posts I did while we were away. It's here.

Edited by tom_uk

Just back from this cruise one of the best we have been on. The weather was great which helped a lot but the places were all lovely. Met some lovely people thanks everyone for making it a good holiday look forward to the next.

:):):) fishermanswife Moira

Totally agree Fishermanswife. We had a great time and enjoyed the ship.

We were given freedom dining and loved meeting new people each night.

Highly recommend a Baltic cruise, especially with the fabulous weather we had :)

My favs in order: St P, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Warnemunde, Stockholm. Could have done without Kristiansand, not sure it was a good introduction to Norway! Had the weather been better in Stockholm the order of favourites may have been different!ImageUploadedByForums1405807631.419325.jpg.8fed84dd5a52ad63be1268212f21cdbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

tom_uk.... We took the unfortunate train of the morning to Rostock, but made it there and it was nice enough. Went back to Warnemunde and walked through the town then the beach, dipped our toes (cold) and had a very reasonably priced beer at the beach bar. Enjoyed the atmosphere in the town with the German holiday makers.

Copenhagen was fun as we just roamed wherever, went on a canal cruise, had a not so reasonably priced beer on the quay, and later some lunch. Thought Copenhagen would make a nice city break destination.

Both were fab in the sunshine!!!

tom_uk.... We took the unfortunate train of the morning to Rostock, but made it there and it was nice enough. Went back to Warnemunde and walked through the town then the beach, dipped our toes (cold) and had a very reasonably priced beer at the beach bar. Enjoyed the atmosphere in the town with the German holiday makers.

Did you have any troubles with the train? We did the train to Rostock and got there by just after 10 o'clock without any problems. But when we came to head back at not long after 12, none of the trains were running - we were told there had been an accident with a train and some people had been hurt. Do you know anything about that?

The trains were running again by about 2 o'clock. Unfortunately by that time we'd paid €25 for a taxi back to the ship! It was a very nice taxi, however - new Mercedes, very well climate-controlled, and we were able to exchange a few words with the driver about Germany's win over Brazil the night before.

They told us on the train someone had been on the line. We were in the second carriage back and heard thuds underneath. Very grim when we found out why.

Sat for almost an hour while ambulance and firemen were there. Then they rolled slowly up to the next platform where another train was waiting for us.

Strange experience.

They told us on the train someone had been on the line. We were in the second carriage back and heard thuds underneath. Very grim when we found out why.

Sat for almost an hour while ambulance and firemen were there. Then they rolled slowly up to the next platform where another train was waiting for us.

Strange experience.

Oh dear, not so good. Sorry to bring back bad memories, but thanks for the info.

Just back from this cruise one of the best we have been on. The weather was great which helped a lot but the places were all lovely. Met some lovely people thanks everyone for making it a good holiday look forward to the next.

:):):) fishermanswife Moira[/quote

YES same here.

I did enjoy the Sailaway from Kristiansand with everyone waving the Union Jacks. Cant decide which port was the best!

I know I got stung for a couple of drinks in Kristiansand So that would probably be near the bottom

Regards

Brian