Powerade zero

love-lee

My fiancé and I will be traveling on the magic out of galveston next week. The only thing he drinks is powerade zero. There will be four of us including my 2 children. I'm wondering how much we can bring on? If we can bring the big 32 oz bottles? And can we just bring a packages case? Or does it have to be in a carry on bag? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My fiancé and I will be traveling on the magic out of galveston next week. The only thing he drinks is powerade zero. There will be four of us including my 2 children. I'm wondering how much we can bring on? If we can bring the big 32 oz bottles? And can we just bring a packages case? Or does it have to be in a carry on bag? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

it HAS to be carry on.

This is from Carnivals FAQ:

"On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less."

Everyone's experience is a little different. We carried on 8 big 32-oz bottles of Gatoraid for DD, with no trouble. Nobody even blinked as the totebag went through the scanner.

The spring break trips, or groups of newly-21's seem to get the most attention as they try to smuggle in quantities of alcohol. Families seem to get much less attention.

A couple cases of 20-oz bottles for your family shouldn't be an issue -- if you had 8 cases or something excessive like that, is when they get crabby. Just remember that you have to lug them all yourself, and you can't take a large cooler. Many suggest using a small luggage rack -- which can be put through the scanners if directed to do so.

I drink a lot of Powerade Zero too - especially when it is hot out. But I buy the powdered 10-count packages at the grocery store to take on vacation along with a refillable water bottle to mix it in. Then I am free to take as many as I want to take :).

I drink a lot of Powerade Zero too - especially when it is hot out. But I buy the powdered 10-count packages at the grocery store to take on vacation along with a refillable water bottle to mix it in. Then I am free to take as many as I want to take :).

That's an awesome idea. I didn't know they had the powerade in packets like that.

Gatorade is a necessity in Caribbean. I usually take those 8 packs on carryon.They will ask you to step to the side where an inspector will shake it to check for alcohol.

so is it that much harder to get booze on board?

We usually put white liquor in water bottles and brown liquor in a rum runner.

It's been nearly five years though. Now I do not at all ,mind buying drinks out on the ship. But I have particular cocktails that I like.

I am buying a bottle of Crown, Rum and Tequila to have in the room ($240 for that little bit, yikes)

But I still like to bring some of my premium stuff on board.

I wish you could just pay a bottle fee. I would gladly pay $20-30 a bottle I bring on.