#1 Complaint on NCL

johnql

What is your #1 complaint concerning NCL cruising?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. What is your #1 complaint concerning NCL cruising?

• Chair hogs (including your opinion on how NCL either does or doesn't enforce its own rules)
    • Smoking policy (e.g., allowed in too many places or not enough venues)
    • Automatic daily service charge instead of traditional tipping
    • Quality and diversity of food in restaurants (MDRs, buffet and specialty)
    • Shipboard customer service issues (e.g., wait staff, guest services, stewards, etc.)
    • Land-based customer service issues (e.g., PCC, cs reps)
    • Alcohol policy (e.g., wine allowed but no beer and hard liquor; corkage policy)
    • Entertainment (e.g., quality, diversity, cost)
    • Cost of cruise fare
    • Too much nickel-and-diming (if possible, please specify)
    • No self-service laundry rooms
    • Other passengers (e.g., rude behavior, public drunkenness, etc.)
    • Other (please specify)
    • None of the above (i.e., nothing really bothers me to the point where I felt I needed to complain)

My #1 complaint is people who ask about complaints. That shows a ridiculous bias against NCL.

I'm not sure if this remark was directed at me, but if it was, it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm the OP of the thread and the poll. I've also been on 13 NCL cruises and it is head and shoulders my cruise line of choice. However, I'm honest enough and actually so not biased that I can admit that NCL is not perfect. No cruise line is. The poll is simply designed to highlight some of the problem areas that NCL cruisers have experienced. If facing some of these complaints and discussing some of them makes you uneasy, I would suggest that perhaps it is you who is biased.

OCMS...can you make your signature block bigger, it's really hard to see. ;)

I was going to ask that too.

OCMS Fan> No offense, but it's signatures like that that cause most users to turn off signatures. It's too big and takes up too much real estate.

I normally have signatures turned off, but I turned them back on a couple weeks ago.

Aaaaaand they're off again. :)

I was going to ask that too.

OCMS Fan> No offense, but it's signatures like that that cause most users to turn off signatures. It's too big and takes up too much real estate.

I normally have signatures turned off, but I turned them back on a couple weeks ago.

Aaaaaand they're off again. :)

Um he is making the exact point of many people's signatures being way too long. His is shorter than a lot of people who have a long list of cruises and huge graphics of a ship for each. What can I say, he has a wry sense of humor! :)

What dots?

laughing so hard to see your background on cruises - I LOVE IT!!!! i haven't been on a cruise for maybe 12 years. i love that you took the time to type all of them..........i love your sense of humor!:)

On Getaway - the issue was over-crowding due to poor through-deck ship design.

That's interesting that you say that, because on our trip, we thought the ship had to have been 1/2 empty because it never felt crowded to us at all. Very few times did we have to wait for an elevator, really the only time we felt a "crowd" was in the mornings at the buffet for breakfast. Maybe we just did the stuff most other people thought was "stupid" and that's why it didn't seem crowded.

That's interesting that you say that, because on our trip, we thought the ship had to have been 1/2 empty because it never felt crowded to us at all. Very few times did we have to wait for an elevator, really the only time we felt a "crowd" was in the mornings at the buffet for breakfast. Maybe we just did the stuff most other people thought was "stupid" and that's why it didn't seem crowded.

Same here. I never felt crowded on my Getaway sailing.