Vision 6/23 - 6/28 - Missed Cozumel

Imagine that - another CCr from little ol' Ellijay!!

Sorry your cruise didn't meet expectations. We've been on that ship twice with no issues but that was years ago... Maybe we'll meet up sometime. Its a small world!

Bill from Ellijay 2

sorry about your cruise!!!! Make that 3 from Ellijay...

There you go, you were listening to the wrong person... everyone knows when you need the straight scoop you have to get it from the guys washing the deck at 4AM;):D! Seriously, with tug charges at a $1000/hour in many places I honestly don't think RCI would blow off a port for that amount of money if timely tug assistance was available. I know calling for a tug is frowned upon by the head office in the days of of bow and stern thrusters, then again the head office isn't thrilled to have disappointed passengers either and we are not even talking about refunded excursions and such. That's all real dollars subtracted from the balance sheet. I feel sure the situation was more complicated than what met the eye, had a tug been an easy fix, it would have happened.

sorry about your cruise!!!! Make that 3 from Ellijay...

Sorry for the thread hijack from me too...Ellijay? My sis and her family live in Blue Ridge and they were on the ship too! LOL

Sorry I got off topic a bit but you all have no idea how small and remote Ellijay, GA is!

Yes it is, that's why we like it :-)

Back to the topic at hand.......

I have to say, I learned more about the VOS after reading this thread. We researched RCL and the ship before we left, but you really have to sail to get a feel for both. Our last four of five cruises was on Princess, so we can only compare the two as don't remember much about the 1st cruise we took.

I have not decided if I will post a review or not, to go along with the compasses I posted earlier.

David

FYI - I just returned from a 5 night Vision cruise to Roatan and Cozumel. The captain decided not to dock in Cozumel because the currents were too strong and the propellers on Vision couldn't handle it. We were so close - saw Oasis and a Carnival ship docked there.

The cruise was very disappointing. The pools on this ship are very small, and they were wall to wall people. The gym is also very small - only 6 treadmills. The Windjammer closed at 3 everyday and reopened at 6:30 pm, so the only other place to eat during those times was Park Cafe (with long lines) or Ben & Jerry's.

I tried Giovanni's, Chops and Izumi, which were all very good. I found the main dining room to be loud and chaotic. I had a great stateroom (8588, corner aft).

I knew the ship was small when I booked it (I've been on Enchantment before), however, I booked this cruise for the itinerary. I ended up on a 5 day cruise with one port of call. I'll never book this class of ship again.

Sorry you missed Cozumel. Every cruiseline has both newer and older ships, with better navigational abilities on the newer ships with azipods. This was more a weather-related issue than an older ship issue. I have missed ports on big, new, ships, as well, for a variety of reasons out of the cruiseline's control. It happens, and that's life.

(We had friends who had always wanted to snorkel at Australia's Great Barrier Reef, and they flew a very long way to do it. The days they set aside for it were windy, the ocean was rough, and the visibility was nil. They missed seeing it.)

Edited by travelgoddess1

We will be on in dec. for Christmas.....and are bringing friends who have never cruised.....it will be 18 cruises for us and I have loved every cruise...even the ones that were my least favorite......you must make the best of it even if things are not perfect......I love cruisin!!!! I just hope my friends like it so we can go on many more together.....it will be Christmas so I'm sure it will be magical.....

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

We will be on the Vision 11/15/14. Remember there are times the ship cannot make all the ports and be thankful as most of the time you don't know the real reason until later. If you are sailing from the US that's one thing. How would you like to fly from US to Europe and miss 2 ports on your way back to the US that you really wanted to make and have booked tours (which we booked and were reimbursed for those 2 cancelled tours thru RCL) This happened twice for us. On our 13 ni. Antarctica cruise due to high seas/low visibility we could not make it to Antarctica so we needed to head back to Ushusia, Argentina and then when all was cleared we could continue to Antarctica This was to be 3 day cruise in Antarctica (not walking on the glaciers just cruising). We were lucky we had only 6 hours before we were told we needed to head back to Argentina due to the weather but I will always remember and be thankful at least we were able to experience the feeling and the air in this part of the world is something you will never forget. Thanks for those 6 hrs. After our experiences I would never complain as to how and why we had to miss a port. You can never under estimate the seas.