Star princess rooms

ICMDGO

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Star. I'm looking at a larger balcony room on the Caribe deck but I saw a post that mentioned a lack of privacy on the balcony. Not sure what was meant by this.....can anyone please explain. Thanks

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Star. I'm looking at a larger balcony room on the Caribe deck but I saw a post that mentioned a lack of privacy on the balcony. Not sure what was meant by this.....can anyone please explain. Thanks

All I can think of is that you can look down on other balconies from the higher ones because the decks are tiered.

People can look down at you if you are standing or sitting near the rail if you're on a Caribe balcony. Some people don't mind that at all. Personally, I like a fully covered balcony. I choose Aloha or Baja deck balcony cabins or Emerald deck mini-suites. If you google images for the ship you can find pictures showing the balconies. Caribe balconies are much larger and most people love them.

Caribe deck balconies are half-covered, half-uncovered. Best balconies on the ship IMHO.
I agree. While they're not completely covered or as private as a completely covered balcony, they are sufficiently private. The balcony is 9'x9' with 5' covered and 4' uncovered. They are deep enough that it's hard to see someone unless they're at the railing.

I usually find it interesting that people say that to have a completely private balcony it has to be covered. Absolutely not true since they forget that someone on Caribe and Dolphin can look up and right through the glass if their balcony, not to mention the staff on the bridge with binoculars. :)

The only truly private balconies are the aft balconies and Emerald mini-suites.

Edited by Pam in CA

I agree. While they're not completely covered or as private as a completely covered balcony, they are sufficiently private. The balcony is 9'x9' with 5' covered and 4' uncovered. They are deep enough that it's hard to see someone unless they're at the railing.

I usually find it interesting that people say that to have a completely private balcony it has to be covered. Absolutely not true since they forget that someone on Caribe and Dolphin can look up and right through the glass if their balcony, not to mention the staff on the bridge with binoculars. :)

The only truly private balconies are the aft balconies and Emerald mini-suites.

The Caribe Balconies are wonderful. Last year we had a much smaller completely covered Aloha Deck Balcony. It was really nice to have a balcony but tight to have my brother & sister in law join us on our deck. Given the choice between decks I'd much rather have a Caribe Deck Balcony.

Edited by Katjoy