Recent Grandeur cruisers please share your experience with us

Love this thread, great information for our upcoming cruise.

Can anyone who has been on the Grandeur recently tell me if they still do the "Thriller" dance with the cruise guests???

There was no thriller dance daily practicing and final sea day performance in the Centrum on the July 18-25 sailing of Grandeur to Bermuda, unlike our Jewel sailing in March when you saw it daily for the entire cruise

• 5 months later...
Just booked the NE/Canada cruise in Sept 2015 on the Grandeur. Anybody done that sailing yet? Any not to miss items in those ports?

We did this cruise last September and it was great. One thing NOT to do is a whale watching excursion in Halifax. It was a great disappointment, but those that went whale watching in Bar Harbor said it was great. We loved Bar Harbor and did the bike tour there, we took a duck boat tour in Portland which was OK, in Saint John we did a Dave's Taxi Tour which was very good and as I said the whale watching in Halifax was disappointing. The trip was very good, thoroughly enjoyed the itinerary!

can anyone else comment on mini golf? I have seen both cruisers who say there is and that there is not. I have not found it on any maps, but definitely thought there was mini golf.

To my knowledge, the only Vision class ships with mini-golf are Legend and Splendour.

an one have thoughts on izumi? the rc website says there is no charge but the cc review says there are a la carte charges? which one is accurate? I was really hoping to go but I am not sure it is something I would spend extra for.

an one have thoughts on izumi? the rc website says there is no charge but the cc review says there are a la carte charges? which one is accurate? I was really hoping to go but I am not sure it is something I would spend extra for.

Izumi is a fee-based restaurant, and pricing is a la carte. It is fantastic, we have eaten there on two cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the 8-night bahamas cruise, which nights are the formal nights. Just trying to plan for our next cruise in March...

On our Thanksgiving cruise, formal night was held on Day 2 and Day 7

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App