Cappucino at Breakfast in the MDR?

Morgsmom

Sorry, I searched the forums but can't find a current answer... is cappuccino/espresso included at breakfast? I LOVE really strong coffee and espresso based drinks. I'd go to the MBR just to get several of them as my breakfast. If it helps, I'll be on the Legend in a few weeks.

Thanks!

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in three years or so, but espresso was always free in the MDR at breakfast and dinner - that was on Conquest out of Galveston and Spirit (I think) on an Alaska cruise. There was also an upscale coffee bar where you paid extra for individual espresso or espresso-based drinks, but not in the MDR. Has Carnival changed their policy recently?

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in three years or so, but espresso was always free in the MDR at breakfast and dinner - that was on Conquest out of Galveston and Spirit (I think) on an Alaska cruise. There was also an upscale coffee bar where you paid extra for individual espresso or espresso-based drinks, but not in the MDR. Has Carnival changed their policy recently?

Specialty coffees have been extra charge for past couple of years

It was probably about 3 years ago that this changed! :) Not recently, but quite possibly since you cruised last.

I think it is about $3 for a cappuccino.

They made several changes a couple of years ago, I believe it was around summer 2012, and charging for espresso and cappuccino. The reason I think it was there was because DH had a couple cappuccinos on our April 2012 cruise but on our last carnival cruise (2013), they were charging. Right after we came back from our cruise they made some changes and I believe this was one of them. That and eliminating the farewell party and demoting DH from gold to red. A lot of people were upset about all the changes.

I bring my Starbucks individual packs and either make my own or add it to the coffee (I bring a mocha or vanilla flavor based coffee and just pour it in a cup of regular, or water, depending on what I want). The baristas on board can vary pretty greatly but the good ones will ask if you want specialty drinks sweet or not and make sure it's ok before you leave. Lately I have been ordering from them rather than bringing my packets. Hubby drinks a ton of coffee and just gets four or five regular coffees. It can be hard getting that much coffee in the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app