Diamond Princess menu

johns57

Booked a cruise on the Diamond Princess for next spring from Singapore to Tokyo, but now concerned that the menu will not be the usual fare I am accustomed to from previous Princess cruises. Has anyone done this cruise and what was the dining menu like? I am not up for two weeks of Asian menus.

Slightly different Asia cruise on the Diamond (China to Thailand with a land tour beforehand). My brother who doesn't eat Chinese was gratified to find that on the ship it was "normal" Princess fare so unless something has seriously changed then I'd say you'll be fine.

Slightly different Asia cruise on the Diamond (China to Thailand with a land tour beforehand). My brother who doesn't eat Chinese was gratified to find that on the ship it was "normal" Princess fare so unless something has seriously changed then I'd say you'll be fine.

Something has seriously changed. Diamond Princess just underwent a major refit prior to her permanent change to being homeported and marketed to the Asian cruise passenger. Hopefully someone will post them but it is safe to assume the menus are different than in the US.

Was this recently? The Diamond has had big changes for the Asian market.

You'll be fine. I dare say your cruise will be the repositioning to Yokohama for Japan season, after having been the flag ship in the Aussie fleet during it's Australian season. If they proceed as they did this year, most of the "Culinary" changes won't take place until the ship actually reaches Yokohama and starts the Japan season. Even then, you would still have plenty of "normal princess" food to choose from (only lot's of Japanese as well). But your cruise should be reasonably stock standard as usual.

I did the 1st Japan season cruise this year from Yokohama. Those doing a b2b who remained onboard from the previous cruise (the one you are doing) remarked on the different experience they had pre Yokohama to post Yokohama after the cultural changes onboard had been made.

I am booked on the Diamond in April next year from Singapore to Tokyo and am looking forward to seeing what changes they have made. This will be our 6th cruise on the Diamond, but our first since she was Japanised. I suppose I am lucky because I love Japanese food and am looking forward to seeing if Princess will serve fair dinkum Japanese fare or imitation Japanese fare. I so hope it is the prior one.

Edited by Billy and Charlie's Mum