Seasoned Cruiser/NCL Newbie Questions

livingis2me

I'm booking the Getaway and I have a few questions that my searches did not bring up great info. Please help...:o

I see that formal attire is not needed. This is great news to me.:D Is it ok to wear shorts to dinner? Are any of the specialty dining venues more formal?

My kids love to eat pizza on cruises... Is there an actual free pizza stand or do you have to order it for $5 and have it delivered to you?

They also love to eat soft serve ice cream... Are there "free" soft serve ice cream machines on board?

Do you reserve and pay for specialty dining on-line before the cruise?

Pools... Saltwater or Freshwater?

Can you reserve shows on-line before the cruise?

Thanks in advance for your help. And I hope these questions aren't subjects that have been beaten to death...

Ron

I'm booking the Getaway and I have a few questions that my searches did not bring up great info. Please help...:o

I see that formal attire is not needed. This is great news to me.:D Is it ok to wear shorts to dinner? Are any of the specialty dining venues more formal?

Shorts are okay in almost all, except for Le Bistro and one of the main dining rooms

My kids love to eat pizza on cruises... Is there an actual free pizza stand or do you have to order it for $5 and have it delivered to you? Free on the buffet when it's open. $5 delivery charge otherwise. No dedicated pizza place

They also love to eat soft serve ice cream... Are there "free" soft serve ice cream machines on board?Soft serve is free up on the pool deck

Do you reserve and pay for specialty dining on-line before the cruise?I would recommend reserving online if a particular restaurant is important to you. You pay upfront or get the UDP

Pools... Saltwater or Freshwater?Salt

Can you reserve shows on-line before the cruise? Yes I believe they changed it now to 100 days out to reserve

Thanks in advance for your help. And I hope these questions aren't subjects that have been beaten to death...

Ron

You can check out my review. I have week and a glance and dailies posted

Thanks for the link to your review. I'll check it out for sure.

What is UDP?

Ron

Ultimate Dining Package, IIRC. I've not purchased it but it is package of specialty dinners.

Every NCL ship I've been on has had soft serve in the buffet, although I haven't been on this ship.

You can check you my ncl account to see which things are open for prebooking.

Welcome and have a great cruise.

I have been on breakaway which is a sister ship

Pizza, I actually ordered a whole pizza in the buffet for us. Just had to wait for it to bake.

Soft serve in buffet plus sherbert and hard ice cream!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app