Deck 9 Breakaway: Port side Incorrect??

I have read a two different reports stating the bed placement was incorrect on the port side of the Deck 9 plan on breakaway.

According to the deck plans; 9112, 9116, 9120, 9124, 9128, 9132 should all have beds near the balcony.

According to deck plan, Cabins 9114, 9118, 9122, 9126, 9130, and 9134 should all have beds near closet.

Can anyone confirm? Deny?

Thanks so much :)

According to the deck plans; 9112, 9116, 9120, 9124, 9128, 9132 should all have beds near the balcony.

According to deck plan, Cabins 9114, 9118, 9122, 9126, 9130, and 9134 should all have beds near closet.

Can anyone confirm? Deny?

You need to look for where the "bump out" is on the deck plan. The bed is in that spot. It's not an every-other-cabin pattern. The large balconies do make this harder to see.

Beds near the closet: 9114, 9118, 9122, 9126, 9128, 9132

Beds near the balcony: 9112, 9116, 9120, 9124, 9130, 9134

We stayed in cabins 12188 and 12190. 12188 had the bed by the closet. 1290 had the bed by the balcony. I did not enter any of the deck 9 cabins so I'm going by what I observed in our mini-suites on deck 12.

You need to look for where the "bump out" is on the deck plan. The bed is in that spot. It's not an every-other-cabin pattern. The large balconies do make this harder to see.

Beds near the closet: 9114, 9118, 9122, 9126, 9128, 9132

Beds near the balcony: 9112, 9116, 9120, 9124, 9130, 9134

We stayed in cabins 12188 and 12190. 12188 had the bed by the closet. 1290 had the bed by the balcony. I did not enter any of the deck 9 cabins so I'm going by what I observed in our mini-suites on deck 12.

On all the websites I've seen the bump outs are wrong on the portside deck. We were in 9240 last year and I know this for sure as well as the other cabins down that line. Do not go by the deck plan or the website descriptions.

The UK NCL website seems to be more accurate with bed placement.

The US site was wrong with mine. I know because I found a video that chesneygirl did awhile back when she was in the same cabin I will be in this Sunday.

http://www.ncl.co.uk

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Just checked out the UK website. Nope, the 9th deck minis are still wrong. Every website I checked had the bed placement opposite from what it actually was.

Really? It was right for my cabin. Oh well sorry.

Here is the spreadsheet that CC Bear3412 made up. Maybe it can help the OP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thank you all.

I found an old trip report confirming that 9134 has bed near balcony so the port side is labeled correctly on deck plan for that cabin.

Thanks for pointing out that it's not an every/other configuration Valen9! I totally missed that. I see where 9126 and 1926 are rooms right next to each other but both have the bed near closet.

It looks like 9126 has bed near closet with the headboard on the forward wall of the cabin and 9128 has bed near closet with headboard on the aft wall of cabin.

The starboard side of forward cabins on deck 9 show that all headboard are on the aft wall of the cabin.

It's a weird pattern on the deck plans; so I can see how NJ Johnny's cabin was mislabeled, but it looks like at least the forward cabins on the port side are labeled correctly (since 9134 was confirmed correct).

I'll be sure to update this thread after I've sailed :).

Thank you all.

I found an old trip report confirming that 9134 has bed near balcony so the port side is labeled correctly on deck plan for that cabin.

Thanks for pointing out that it's not an every/other configuration Valen9! I totally missed that. I see where 9126 and 1926 are rooms right next to each other but both have the bed near closet.

It looks like 9126 has bed near closet with the headboard on the forward wall of the cabin and 9128 has bed near closet with headboard on the aft wall of cabin.

The starboard side of forward cabins on deck 9 show that all headboard are on the aft wall of the cabin.

It's a weird pattern on the deck plans; so I can see how NJ Johnny's cabin was mislabeled, but it looks like at least the forward cabins on the port side are labeled correctly (since 9134 was confirmed correct).

I'll be sure to update this thread after I've sailed :).

as Got Tequila? said our room 9710 Starboard the bed was next to the closet and the headboard was on the bow side wall of the cabin.

Wow... thanks everyone. I'll start a summary and add to it if there are more replies. I've seen the mislabeled port on deck 9 mentioned a few times but now we know that at least one cabin starboard on deck 9 is also mislabeled (9710).

Maybe we can figure out a pattern :).

9180: Mislabeled (bed is by balcony)

9240: Mislabeled

9710: Mislabeled (Bed near closet)

9128: Labeled correctly (bed near closet)

9130: Labeled correctly (bed near balcony)

9134: Labeled Correctly (bed near balcony)

• 3 months later...
We were in the bump out, #9710 Starboard side on the Breakaway, expected the bed to be by the sliding door but it was back in the cabin.

Do you happen to have any pictures of cabin 9710? My DW and I are booked in this same cabin on the Getaway in February. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the mislabeling carried over to the Getaway as well? The published deck plans are the same. I'm booked in cabin 9710 on the Getaway in February, which is one of the cabins identified as being mislabeled on the Breakaway.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I just booked cabin 9120 on the Getaway thinking it has the bed by the balcony (opposite to being close to the closet/bathroom). With all these mixed interpretations on how to read the cabin layout on the deck plans, and now I’m really confused.

I have searched the forum and nobody has ever written anything about this cabin.

Feedback, comments and if possible any picture is highly appreciated.

It wasn't one of your initially listed balconies, but we stayed in the Breakaway balcony cabin 9136, and the deck plan was incorrect. Our bed was by the balcony. We loved it.

How was your view? Were you looking down at the roof? Did you like the angled balcony?

Thanks!

We loved our angled balcony. For the price of a regular balcony, we had a good deal more space. We were able to angle our chairs, and that made my tall husband happier to have the extra leg room. We looked down and could see the shuffleboard off to the side from us, but I didn't feel like there were any drawbacks to our view. We did watch the fireworks from the balcony. It may have been even better if we were farther aft, but we enjoyed it. I loved that the slight angle aft made me feel as though we were a little sheltered from the wind, too. I loved waking up to the sunrise several mornings in a row. We chose to look for another angled balcony for our cruise next month. If that same room were available, we would have been happy to take it.