MSC Lirica

ellamalta

My nephew and his new wife honeymooned on Lirica last month. It is apparently the oldest ship in the fleet but they enjoyed it. They were seated at dinner with the only other English speaking couple on board. They embarked and disembarked in Mallorca. I don't have any more info yet. Ken

Hello Ella,

My family and I spent a week on the Lirica June 7th to 14th. Over all good, staff were the best bit and all spoke English. Food was good, but second sitting was late for us 21.30. First at 7.00 felt too early.

Marseille is the main turnaround port. You will find that a lot of the guests are French. Every announcement is in 5 languages, good in one sense but you do get to the point where you start wishing they would just say a little less to avoid having to repeat. Having the hear NOW ITS TIME FOR STRETCHING every morning in 5 languages got tiresome, especially when the word STRETCHING is the same in all the languages it seemed. Kind of wanted to say 'we get it.'

The pool area was noisy. Very noisy. the PA was too loud. I was on the sister ship the Armonia in February and it was quieter. It was far more 'Club Med Fun' on the Lirica.

As I said the staff were great especially the bar waiting staff. Any specific questions please please let me know.

Hello,

Looked through all reviews but can't find anyone who has written a review about cruise on Lirica in the Med this year. Anyone please?

Cruise Blogger, Gary Bembridge, recently sailed on MSC Lirica. Read his posts for a great overview: http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/msclirica/

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...