Enchantment Review 07/31/05 Canada/New England

You can not check your bill on the TV. If you have an early flight they let you carry all your bags off the ship yourself at 745am. But this is a pain because you have to pull your heavy bags into a bus and then that bus takes you to where the cars and taxis are located. It is kind of a pain but we were able to make our 11am flight this way. People who were driving home from the port were NOT supposed to sign up for this feature but apparently some people lied and said they had flights to get early debarkation.

Judy Kolba was the singer comedian. She was a riot.

the shower was awful. No pressure at all. it took a half hour to get all the shampoo out of your hair. Our bathroom sink also would not drain. But we had no flushing problems with the toilets at all.

Everyday they showed the dinner menus on the TV on Channel 41 or 42 with music playing in the background.

the entertainers were as follows:

Matt Baker - cruise director - did a great job - lots of high energy

Rich Ceisler - comedian - very funny

Stage to Screen production show - fair

Judy Kolba - comedian - very funny

Dale Scott and Ana - magician - not too good

Cant Stop the Rock - production show - fair

Bobby Arvon - singer from Happy Days theme song

Reid Belstock - juggler - very good

Get to the show early like 30-40 minutes early. There just arent enough seats for the number of people on this cruise.

We had the honeymoon couple in the room next to ours and believe me the walls are paper thin. We could hear them going at it all day and night long. This made for a very irritating cruise. I hope you don't have noisy people in the cabin next to you if you are going on this ship.

And boy can Boom Boom and his wife dance. They were dancing and dancing for hours on end. They are fantastic dancers.

The meet and mingle was a huge disappointment. They only raffled off two RCL mice for the computer and that was it. After being on other ships where gift certificates for free coffee, ice cream, dinner for two at Chops, etc were raffled off, I was surprised that this was all they raffled off. They had appetizers there for us, but as soon as the RCL people left the room, they took the appetizers with them instead of leaving them there for us to enjoy. I thought this was very strange also.

The teen program was not well run for 15 year olds and up. The counselors in there were unfriendly. They only had one small room and 12-14 yr olds were in the room until 1130pm and then the older kids could go in there. So until the 14 yr olds vacated the room, the 15 yr olds had nowhere to go. A very strange set up. The video arcade room is a joke with maybe 4 games and that is it.

Also if you like to eat snacks after early dinner forget it. All that is available is pizza, hamburgers and french fries in the solarium pool area. Windjammer closes at 930pm and there is nothing, unless you order from room service. At about 1130pm they walk around with little appetizer type things in the centrum but they weren't very tasty.

We also wanted some coffee and dessert and there was nothing available anywhere on this ship.

Do you remeber which night Judy Colba and Bobby Arvon performed? I want to make sure we don't go to Chops that night so hopefully we can see them if they are on our cruise...Thanks for the review and the info?

Also, did anyone visit Acadia while in Bar Harbor? Has anyone climbed the north ridge trail to the summit of Cadillac Mountain? If so is it difficult?

Hello Blue, hope all made it home without any further flight problems. I'm not sure where you got the idea that early debakation was for people with early flights, but we filled out the request without "lying" about anything. You merely check that you want early debarkation and then check another option in case you didn't get it. I saw no mention of it not being for people who drove, in fact if that was the case, why would they have the shuttles there ready to deliver people to their cars? Anyway it was my opinion that less people took advantage of the carry off option than was available.

Boom Boom my room steward and the pursers desk told us that only the first 100 people who requested to carry their own bags off would be allowed to do it and that these spots were reserved for those with early flights. So I guess we were informed differently than you. On our cruise most of the folks were "drivers" I would say as most lived in the New England area. Maybe that is why they didn't make a big deal about it. You were lucky to be able to leave the ship so early.

The day you would want to visit Chops would probably be the day that they have the Italian menu. Every night our waiter would show us the menu for the next night so we could decide when we wanted to visit Chops for dinner. If you want to be sure to make the shows just start your Chops dinner at 6pm and you will be done with dinner in plenty of time to see the 9pm show.

Oh I forgot to answer your other question. We took a one hour Olis Trolley tour into Acadia and we were driven to the top of the mountain and had 20 minutes to do some hiking there. But if you are interested in this tour I would highly recommend making a reservation before you leave home. We were told that all the tours for the day were filled and it was a good thing that we had pre booked an excursion with them beforehand. They also have two and a half hour tours of more of the park and Thunder hole if you are interested in that.

We were on the 8/31 sailing too, and I just thought I'd add a few comments: I have mostly sailed on Voyager class ships before and I was a little nervous about this one, but there was no need. The ship is really nice. The pool deck is probably bigger than on Voyager, and the Solarium was better. But the hot dogs served in the Solarium were some of the ugliest that I have ever seen. We had an inside room in the new section (I had intentionally chosen a new room) and it was much nicer than the old rooms - especially the bathroom. We were on the late seating and there wasn't much need to get to the shows more than 10 minutes early. If anything, the events in the other venue, like The Quest, really were packed, and those you should get to early. The gym was new, but a little small, although I was disappointed that there was no sauna or steam room available. I thought that the cruise director, Matt Baker, did a really good job - funny, without becoming obnoxious. The food was good to very good with Chops being our best meal. (Although I think that Chops on Navigator was a little better). The weather was great, embark and debark were pretty easy, and I would go on the Enchantment again in a minute.

It looks like the new cabins on deck 4 are just a little bit more forward than where you are. Most of them are still available (they weren't available when they were first booking the ship, so a lot of them are still open). If you don't need a room that can hold 3 or 4 people, it would be worth switching. Look by 4877, 4879, 4881. These rooms are just like insides on a Voyager class ship, and the bathrooms are the same too. And everything in them is brand new!

"We had the honeymoon couple in the room next to ours and believe me the walls are paper thin. We could hear them going at it all day and night long. This made for a very irritating cruise. I hope you don't have noisy people in the cabin next to you if you are going on this ship."

So, BlueHorizonLover123, all that "going at it" didn't motivate you to give it a go at all?;)

Just teasing...kinda...but when I read your review the thought did cross my mind that, unless I am mistaken about the meaning of "going at it" and the newlyweds were fighting (at least she didn't dump him overboard, or have some guy she picked up on-board do it, like the woman in CT is suspected of having done on her honeymoon cruise:eek:), I might have chuckled and commented to my wife that we should just consider it a form of live Spice Channel at no added charge...:D:rolleyes:

:) We will be sailing out of Boston on 9/11/05 (date still frightens me) on the Enchantment and would like to know the name of the Captain & Head Chef. I have read that the Cruise Director is Matt Baker. Is that right?????? Thank You

:) We will be sailing out of Boston on 9/11/05 (date still frightens me) on the Enchantment and would like to know the name of the Captain & Head Chef. I have read that the Cruise Director is Matt Baker. Is that right?????? Thank You

I tried to find out that info for you - dont' have it. You are right Matt Baker is the Cruise Director. Have a great trip - we did.

Archived