Family of Nine Heading to Belize and Cozumel - Would love ideas!!!

shaynasmom

Hello all -

We are two families traveling together.... here are the stats...

Two 50+ year old adults - VERY ACTIVE - in great shape

Two 46+ year old adults - NOT in very good shape - but die hards and will attempt anything

19 year old boy

18 year old girl

17 year old girl

14 year old girl

80+ year old grandfather ...... who is along for the ride but probably not leaving the boat...

We have all done the ruins at Tulum (Cozumel).

We are looking for maybe a great place for a beach day at Cozumel.... maybe with activities for teens (banana boat, boating etc)

We aren't sure what Belize has to offer.... any/all suggests welcomed!

Thanks,

Eva

I'd think that you should check out cave-tubing in Belize. Preferably from a private vendor--several good companies recommended in this forum. Or if the family isn't over saturated by ruins, Altun Ha and Xunantunich are good choices. Lamanai is to some a bit better, but also further away.

In Coz...look up Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach for the family, "grandpa" can come too:p. Lots of water toys and pay as you go.

There are fabulous ruins from both ports. Coba from Cozumel and Lamanai from Belize. These are both very long days with lots of travel time but VERY much worth the effort. These are 2 of the few sites where you can still climb to the top of the Myan temples. This is an incredible experience. Coba is higher, but both have spectacular views from the top. There are lots of other ruins on this itinerary, but these are the two I would choose for a unique experience of the climb. I compare it to standing and looking at dolphins or spending an hour in the water with dolphins and interacting with them.

We were just in Cozumel last week and did the Twister to Passion Island. We very rarely do ship tours, but they have a monopoly on this one. It was soooo fun and the island is just beautiful.

Cavetubing in Belize is great for any age. We like cavetuing.bz. They have really nice equipment and all of their guides are well trained.

Hello, I'd definitely recommend doing somethig along the line of CaveTubing, Altun Ha, Baboon Sanctuary or the Belizean Zoo. CaveTubing is for all ages its pretty fun, the only part is the 30 minute walk to get to the Cave but once you're there, ALL IS WELL, Your Guide will do all the work while you sit back and relax.

Now if you're interested in History and Pyramids that would be going to Altun Ha. It might be hot on a Sunny day, and once you restrict yourself from climbing the temples you should be able to just be able to walk around them and bask in the scenery and information from your guides :P .

For Animal Lovers i'd do the Zoo/Baboon Sanctuary. The Zoo Animals are native to the country, they have Baboons there as well BUT you dont get to interact them however its a different Story if you visit the Baboon Sanctuary :D . You can check out mrbelizecavetubing.com my family and I use him for all of our tours in Belize :)

Belize is usually known for their cave tubing. I have 2 reviews in my signature line that you can check out with pictures. We have went with .bz each time and loved it. It also includes your meal and drinks.

In Cozumel, there's so many places to go. I have done reviews on Chankanaab, Mr Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, and Playa Mia. There's hundreds of photos along with the reviews. You are more than welcome to look over them and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

I highly recommend Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. Very relaxing day on the beach, includes chairs, umbrella, 4 course meal for all & all drinks. They also have a pool. Any activities are extra but they had jet skis, floats, snorkeling, etc. Only 10-15 minute ride from port. 100 person max per day so it was never crowded.

We have a very similar group, just no grandfather, we are going Cave tubing in Belize, have reserved with cavetubing.bz, in Cozumel, we will all get in cabs and go to Channkanaab National park, for snorkling, relaxing, do as much or as little as you want, Have a great time