Bring a friend obc question

I have booked two cabins for a winter 2015 cruise. One is for myself and my DH. The other is for two adult daughters and grandchildren. Since my daughters have never cruised before do I qualify for the OBC for bring a friend?

If the are 18 and over, you can qualify. There are other conditions too:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

I had a friend that tried to get that and gave up. He said it wasn't worth the bother for the $25 as RCI tried to disqualify him for some reason. Do you know anyone that was successful?

I had a friend that tried to get that and gave up. He said it wasn't worth the bother for the $25 as RCI tried to disqualify him for some reason. Do you know anyone that was successful?

Yes, we have gotten it once before. Another time we were disqualified because the bookings were in a group.

We were disqualified because we used a free cruise certificate from the RC Visa Credit Card for our booking even though we referred new cruisers who booked two cabins.

I applied for it when I booked two cabins - one for DH son and family and one for DH daughter and SIL - we got it without any hassles for DH son/family but denied for DH daughter and SIL because they had apparently taken a short 4 day cruise with RCI. We knew about their 4 day cruise but didn't realize it was with RCI - so denial was valid. :D

If you are using a NCC you cannot get the $$ for bringing a friend.

Perhaps the terms have changed, but that was not true for us. We got the bring-a-friend OBC in addition to the C&A balcony discount and the Next Cruise OBC.

Edited by clarea

I tried on my last cruise, filled the form out then had to call them as website wasn't working (shock!!) and was never credited. Spoke to C&A on ship said would get back to us and still waiting, not worth the effort IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did it in 2012 without any problems.

If you are using a NCC you cannot get the $$ for bringing a friend.

Maybe terms have changed, but we had a cruise booked with a NC back in June of 2012 and was successful in getting the $25 OBC when friends of ours decided to join us.

EDIT: Here are the current Terms & Conditions and there is no mention of NC bookings being ineligible.

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Edited by cruisenfever

I received a total $50 OBC this past May for my first-timer cousins who cruised in two cabins. I called C & A representatives for 2 months prior to sailing, to make sure that it was credited to my account...no problem.

Edited by cjdixon4