Smoking areas on Equinox

Misueno

Hello everyone,

We are booked in cabin 7241 on Equinox next year Med cruise... I checked the information on cabins and found this description:

"This cabin is just above (and 2 cabins over) from the smoking section. When people were not there smoking, it was fine (maybe a little residual smell in the air), but when people were there smoking it was AWFUL!!! Not only do you have the constant smell of smoke, the people were loud (you could not hear them if you were in the cabin with the door shut, just while on the balcony). This really affected our use of the balcony. However, if the smoking doesn't bother you, then this is a great cabin (large balcony) with a great location (close to mid-ship elevators/stairs). Photos in Post 1351 crazygirl"

I went back to my travel agent asking about changing cabins because of the smoke issue... but she tells me there is no outdoor smoking area near us on this ship and looking at the deck plans for Equinox I think she may be right.

Anyone know for sure?

thank you

We haven't sailed on Equinox but on Silhouette, one of the designated smoking areas was as follows:

Deck 5 portside, promenade midship-where chairs, tables and ashtrays are provided.

I believe the smoking areas are in the same location on all of the S class ships.

Looking at the deck plans-it does appear to be directly below your stateroom 7241. I can also understand concerns regarding noise as there was quite a group gathered in this area during the evenings as this is the closest smoking area to the MDR and Martini Bar.

I would move.

Equinox. Port side, deck 5 is smoking area (right outside of Bistro on Five IMHO a terrible place to locate it). Port side of the pool deck, by the Mast Bar on the starboard side (why???) & Sunset Bar port side only location for cigar smokers. I avoided these areas as much as possible. I wouldn't take that cabin, too close to a very busy smoking area. We did have 2101 on the Resort deck (closest cabin to the pool smoking area) & only noticed smoke smell once in 10 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you both... unfortunately there are now no equivalent cabins elsewhere so we may have to put up with the smoke - hopefully there won't be many smokers on the cruise or the wind will blow it the other way.

Thank you both... unfortunately there are now no equivalent cabins elsewhere so we may have to put up with the smoke - hopefully there won't be many smokers on the cruise or the wind will blow it the other way.

Keep watching for other cabins to become available. I book on Starboard side for this very reason. that way, no chance for smoke issues.

Good luck.