Pre paying for Dynamic dining?

I was trying to book dynamic dining and before I could confirm my bookings I had to pay upfront for the dining options that come with a cover charge.

Is this correct? If so I am not keen on the concept of paying for your meal before you have actually eaten it....?

:eek::D

I was trying to book dynamic dining and before I could confirm my bookings I had to pay upfront for the dining options that come with a cover charge.

Is this correct? If so I am not keen on the concept of paying for your meal before you have actually eaten it....?

:eek::D

Prepaying for any Specialty Restaurant prior to boarding is normal on any RCI ship.

Quantum bookings are not handled any differently than other specialty restaurant bookings fleet-wide at the moment.

I am sure there have been many payment variations in the past.

Payment is made at time of reservation. Cancelations up to 24 hours in advance are refunded to the credit card used for payment.

I have been a frequent user of 'dining packages' in the past and when I booked in advance, I paid in advance.

For instance, on an April Vision sailing, I paid for the Chef's Table package at time of booking, while only allowed to make the Chef's Table reservation. All other reservations needed to wait until onboard the ship.

When doing the Chef's Table package on Oasis last September, I booked onboard and was charged for the entire package at time of booking at Giovanni's on day 1. I was allowed to book the entire weeks dining after payment. I had reserved lunch there on embarkation day and had paid that at time of booking a week prior to the sailing.

The key difference with the new system is that I can now book all my dining reservations in advance. Even though I pay for these all in advance, I am not awarded my OBC (Onboard Credit) until day 1 of the sailing.

While I prefer having reservations, it appears that if you now wait to book specialty dining onboard and you book on day 1 or make at least 3 reservations you are offered a 20% discount and they are now charged at each venue.

I expect this will change as they have no way to 'Guarantee' a reservation unless charging at time of reservation, otherwise the venues would always be fully booked with those that may have no intention of actually dining at the venue. That is why they also require a 24 hour notice of cancellations.

Maybe for you but I have never pre-paid once.

So what you are saying is that when you make a reservation on line from home at, let's say Chops, a month prior to departure you are not being asked for a credit card at the time of your booking?:eek::confused:

Edited by cruisenfever

So what you are saying is that when you make a reservation on line from home at, let's say Chops, a month prior to departure you are not being asked for a credit card at the time of your booking?:eek::confused:

To be honest I always book as soon as I get on board the ship.

To be honest I always book as soon as I get on board the ship.

When booking on board, your charges will be applied to your SeaPass Account.

When booking anything prior to boarding (restaurants, wine package, beverage package, etc.) your charges will be applied to a credit card at the time of booking.