Vancouver--Post Cruise/cruisetour

lovetotraveltx

Not going until June, 2015 but can book my flights soon so I will be locked in!

We are doing a 5 night cruisetour on Celebrity followed by a south bound cruise. Planned on 1 night in Vancouver after the cruise, since we have never been.

If we have the time and money, would you stay 2 nights, or would that be too much after already being away for 13 nights (arrive in Alaska night before the cruisetour starts)?

Thank you!

I am also going southbound and end up in VC. I will be staying there for several days prior to flying back to NY. Yes being away 13 days is a lot, but you also paid for the trip to VC. why not enjoy it.

Only YOU can determine if 13 days is too long to be away.

You've come that far, why wouldn't you take advantage of the opportunity to explore and enjoy Vancouver ??? it's a fantastic city. I wouldn't think twice about staying a few more days there.

IMO, home will be home whether you get back in 13 days or 30, so make the most of your trip and take advantage of all opportunities.

P.S. go to reply #5 in this link for a list of things to see and do around Vancouver

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1238430

Edited by mapleleaves
ps

I started watching pricing of flights when they opened up last summer - then set up a watch on Kayak.com so I had a benchmark on prices while I finalized my plans. I saw a little fluxuation in the first 3 months before the prices dropped lower than opening price at roughly about 8 months out around the end of December - first part of January.

Just know if you book early - most likely your flight schedule will change drastically or possibly be cancelled and reassigned before your trip.

I don't know if Alaska Airlines is an option for your location, but you might want to look into their credit card. Is has an annual fee but it provides one companion ticket per year for only $100.

Also, sometime in Oct, Alaska has its annual 'sale'. It coincides with the PFD checks that Alaska residents receive.

I don't know if Alaska Airlines is an option for your location, but you might want to look into their credit card. Is has an annual fee but it provides one companion ticket per year for only $100.

Also, sometime in Oct, Alaska has its annual 'sale'. It coincides with the PFD checks that Alaska residents receive.

Yes, but that companion ticket is only good if you're booking a round-trip flight. Unfortunately, many of us doing cruisetours are booking one-way flights :( Thanks for the info on the October "Sale". Will hopefully find a great fare from Orlando to Fairbanks :)

I don't know if Alaska Airlines is an option for your location.

Last year from what I saw of their flights in the October sale the offers ended in late April/Early May before the majority of the summer travel season began.

Not going until June, 2015 but can book my flights soon so I will be locked in!

We are doing a 5 night cruisetour on Celebrity followed by a south bound cruise. Planned on 1 night in Vancouver after the cruise, since we have never been.

If we have the time and money, would you stay 2 nights, or would that be too much after already being away for 13 nights (arrive in Alaska night before the cruisetour starts)?

Thank you!

I would choose 2 nights, but I love Vancouver.

Why not take out some library books on Vancouver and read up about Vancouver on a few websites, such as this one for example

Things to do in Vancouver: Check out 184 Vancouver Attractions - TripAdvisor

Then you can see what appeals to you and decide for yourself how much time you will want to spend there.