Going to BLUE BAY/KAY need info

mitsugirly

I just wanted to pass along some more information for those that have asked...

I contacted my resource at Blue Kay (the person that I emailed back and forth with questions prior to me going there) to ask about the new AI package options and if you had to purchase one in order to go there now.

He told me that it is just an option for cruisers and you are not required to purchase any package and any cruisers are welcome to just come and hang out and purchase food and drinks on your own.

So I thought I would pass along this info. :)

I contacted my resource at Blue Kay (the person that I emailed back and forth with questions prior to me going there) to ask about the new AI package options and if you had to purchase one in order to go there now.

He told me that it is just an option for cruisers and you are not required to purchase any package and any cruisers are welcome to just come and hang out and purchase food and drinks on your own.

Thank you for the update! You rock :D

Thank you for the update! I think this is where we are going in a couple weeks when we arrive in Costa Maya!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mitsugirly, Thank you for all the info on Blue Kay and I did see your review. Is Blue Kay in the opposite direction of Maya Chan? We have been there and thought it was a long, kind of rough ride. Also, we were not impressed with the water at Maya Chan. It looks like Blue Kay may have the clear blue water that we are looking for!

Mitsugirly, Thank you for all the info on Blue Kay and I did see your review. Is Blue Kay in the opposite direction of Maya Chan? We have been there and thought it was a long, kind of rough ride. Also, we were not impressed with the water at Maya Chan. It looks like Blue Kay may have the clear blue water that we are looking for!

Hi. No Blue Kay is in the same direction, but only 5 minutes from port. It's the very first place you will come to and all smoothe roads.

Yes, the water is crystal clear blue just like in my pictures. :)

Hi. No Blue Kay is in the same direction, but only 5 minutes from port. It's the very first place you will come to and all smoothe roads.

Yes, the water is crystal clear blue just like in my pictures. :)

Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Ok, so I am totally new. Forgive my ignorance. We just decided to book a cruise that leaves in about a month, one of the ports is costa maya. I hate the look of the port....but I love the look of Blue Cay. I have read your review...beautiful, thank you! We are doing a Carnival cruise that is docked 7-2....that is enough time to get to and enjoy Blue Cay, correct? Being new to this whole thing, I am just terrified of "missing the boat", lol. And I read something in your review about Carnival leaving early, so I thought I'd ask.... Also, is there a reason you took an open air bus rather than a taxi? Is one cheaper or easier? Thanks for your help!!

Ok, so I am totally new. Forgive my ignorance. We just decided to book a cruise that leaves in about a month, one of the ports is costa maya. I hate the look of the port....but I love the look of Blue Cay. I have read your review...beautiful, thank you! We are doing a Carnival cruise that is docked 7-2....that is enough time to get to and enjoy Blue Cay, correct? Being new to this whole thing, I am just terrified of "missing the boat", lol. And I read something in your review about Carnival leaving early, so I thought I'd ask.... Also, is there a reason you took an open air bus rather than a taxi? Is one cheaper or easier? Thanks for your help!!

Hi. I knew right away when you said you were in port from 7-2 that meant you were on Carnival. LOL They always do this here and we were on the Carnival Dream once and had the same situation. That time we also headed to the malecon for the day (but stayed at Nohoch Cay and didn't care for it) and we had plenty of time with no worries. We just got an earlier start. :D

Since Blue Kay is basically right around the corner from the port, and it only takes about less than 10 minutes to get there, it's super easy to do especially on a short port day. I highly recommend it. There's plenty of taxi's to take you back to the port in port. I wouldn't worry too much about that at all. You see the ship right there in front of you. :) Just keep track of your time.

As for taking the open air taxi, they pull up right outside the port. The cost in the same. The only time I have taken a taxi, we had to walk outside the gate and down to the end of the street and we were going somewhere that was 20 minutes away. It's just simple to get on the open air bus that sits right there in front. They may have regular taxi's that pull up there too, but I'm not sure because I didn't look for them. On the ride back, you will be in a regular cab. :)

Hi. I knew right away when you said you were in port from 7-2 that meant you were on Carnival. LOL They always do this here and we were on the Carnival Dream once and had the same situation. That time we also headed to the malecon for the day (but stayed at Nohoch Cay and didn't care for it) and we had plenty of time with no worries. We just got an earlier start. :D

Since Blue Kay is basically right around the corner from the port, and it only takes about less than 10 minutes to get there, it's super easy to do especially on a short port day. I highly recommend it. There's plenty of taxi's to take you back to the port in port. I wouldn't worry too much about that at all. You see the ship right there in front of you. :) Just keep track of your time.

As for taking the open air taxi, they pull up right outside the port. The cost in the same. The only time I have taken a taxi, we had to walk outside the gate and down to the end of the street and we were going somewhere that was 20 minutes away. It's just simple to get on the open air bus that sits right there in front. They may have regular taxi's that pull up there too, but I'm not sure because I didn't look for them. On the ride back, you will be in a regular cab. :)

Thank you! Getting excited!! May 30!!

Just came back from Costa Maya. It was everything I thought it would be- and more. Yes we went directly to Blue Kay, which was lovely. But then we explored all down the malecon. It was wonderful. We had planned on having lobster at Chiquita's and Fernando the owner did not disappoint. I had 2 lobster I chose, and one I had flambed and the other stuffed with grouper and octopus. It was awesome! We just beach bummed the day away and "bar-hopped" down the malecon. I want to spend a whole week there!

Just came back from Costa Maya. It was everything I thought it would be- and more. Yes we went directly to Blue Kay, which was lovely. But then we explored all down the malecon. It was wonderful. We had planned on having lobster at Chiquita's and Fernando the owner did not disappoint. I had 2 lobster I chose, and one I had flambed and the other stuffed with grouper and octopus. It was awesome! We just beach bummed the day away and "bar-hopped" down the malecon. I want to spend a whole week there!

Simply cannot wait! Still no charge at blue kay, correct? We plan on food, drinks, but just to snorkel with our own equipment and use chairs? Did you walk down the malecon? Thanks! Overplanner here:rolleyes:

I just wanted to say something and I don't want it to come off mean hearted or rude sounding, so please don't take it that way.

However... Blue Kay is free to visit and stay to use their beautiful grounds, beach, facilities and so on. BUT, they expect you to be staying there to give them business. They offer you a free stay there because they expect you to purchase food and drinks from them. That's why it is "free". I have read several people posting since I was there, and informed everyone of this beautiful place, post that they stayed there all day but walked down the malecon and ate somewhere else instead. I really hope that during the time that you are at Blue Kay using their place that you are still purchasing drinks and maybe snacks...or something...to give them business. I know when we went and stayed, they had said they want people to spend at least $25 while staying with them eating and drinking.

Otherwise if people keep doing this, they will probably be like a lot of the other places along the Malecon and start charging an entrance fee to be on their property. :( I just don't want to see that happen because it's so beautiful there. Please keep this in mind. :)

I just wanted to say something and I don't want it to come off mean hearted or rude sounding, so please don't take it that way.

However... Blue Kay is free to visit and stay to use their beautiful grounds, beach, facilities and so on. BUT, they expect you to be staying there to give them business. They offer you a free stay there because they expect you to purchase food and drinks from them. That's why it is "free". I have read several people posting since I was there, and informed everyone of this beautiful place, post that they stayed there all day but walked down the malecon and ate somewhere else instead. I really hope that during the time that you are at Blue Kay using their place that you are still purchasing drinks and maybe snacks...or something...to give them business. I know when we went and stayed, they had said they want people to spend at least $25 while staying with them eating and drinking.

Otherwise if people keep doing this, they will probably be like a lot of the other places along the Malecon and start charging an entrance fee to be on their property. :( I just don't want to see that happen because it's so beautiful there. Please keep this in mind. :)

Simply cannot wait! Still no charge at blue kay, correct? We plan on food, drinks, but just to snorkel with our own equipment and use chairs? Did you walk down the malecon? Thanks! Overplanner here:rolleyes:

Not taking it wrong, because I agree with you. But, wanted to clarify, i did say we planned on food and drinks there. I suspect they insist on it anyway, and I dont blame them. Thanks!!

Not taking it wrong, because I agree with you. But, wanted to clarify, i did say we planned on food and drinks there. I suspect they insist on it anyway, and I dont blame them. Thanks!!

Thanks. I wasn't directing my comment to anyone specifically and of course I have no way of knowing if anyone that has went to Blue Kay for the day and stayed, but yet stated they went elsewhere for lunch, actually purchased drinks and such while they were at Blue Kay as well. Just stating something I have noticed (not only on this thread but other threads over the months after my review was posted informing others of this little gem of a place on the Malecon) several people state they did. I would think that others that went elsewhere to eat also was kind enough to also spend $$ at BK as well. :) Just passing on a friendly statement/observation. :D

Thanks. I wasn't directing my comment to anyone specifically and of course I have no way of knowing if anyone that has went to Blue Kay for the day and stayed, but yet stated they went elsewhere for lunch, actually purchased drinks and such while they were at Blue Kay as well. Just stating something I have noticed (not only on this thread but other threads over the months after my review was posted informing others of this little gem of a place on the Malecon) several people state they did. I would think that others that went elsewhere to eat also was kind enough to also spend $$ at BK as well. :) Just passing on a friendly statement/observation. :D

:)

Im new, and you probably hear this a lot, but i just want to tell you your reviews in your sig of different ports have helped tremendously in deciding what to do /where to go. Thank you!

:)

Im new, and you probably hear this a lot, but i just want to tell you your reviews in your sig of different ports have helped tremendously in deciding what to do /where to go. Thank you!

Aww, thank you so much for the compliments. It means a lot when I can help someone out. That's the reason I do them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mitsugirly,

I also want to thank you for your information about Blue Kay. Just got off of the Valor yesterday and we were only in Costa Maya until 2 PM last Thursday. But we had a wonderful morning at Blue Kay. Easy to get there, the water and beach was beautiful, drinks were cold and and service was great. Didn't have any food because of the short time. Sure there was a bit of seaweed but they had folks working to clean it up, but it wasn't a major problem. Wished we could have stayed all day. We will be there again if we are ever in Costa Maya.

Mitsugirly,

I also want to thank you for your information about Blue Kay. Just got off of the Valor yesterday and we were only in Costa Maya until 2 PM last Thursday. But we had a wonderful morning at Blue Kay. Easy to get there, the water and beach was beautiful, drinks were cold and and service was great. Didn't have any food because of the short time. Sure there was a bit of seaweed but they had folks working to clean it up, but it wasn't a major problem. Wished we could have stayed all day. We will be there again if we are ever in Costa Maya.

Glad you were able to make it and enjoy your day there. The place is just wonderful to me and the perfect little spot to enjoy the day close to port. When I return to Costa Maya, I will return to this place as well. :D