Just booked Papitos Beach Club

abatlin

After reading the great reviews on Papitos Beach Club have booked it for my daughter and I for July 31st. Does anyone know if they supply snorkel equipment or do we need to bring our own. Also, how much is a cab for 2 to get there and is there a problem getting one to take us back? Finally, as it is an all inclusive, what sort of lunch do they serve? Looking very much forward to a laid back, quiet day on the beach!

We've been to Papitos just 3 weeks ago, laid back is really the word, haven't seen any similar beach yet in Cozumel. No beach vendors, no jets ski noise, no boat traffic....relaxation pure :)

We took a taxi and the driver actually waited for us at the location to take us back, transport was no problem at all..the staff can also call a taxi for you they told us.

Food items were different salads including shrimp and chicken cesar, main courses were marinated arachera Mexican flank steak, grilled shrimp, grilled chicken fillet, grilled fish fillet (FRESH stuff!!) and a surf and turf mix (either with chicken or arachera). The food was ..... EXCELLENT!...you cannot compare it with regular beach club foods, that stuff was tasty, fresh and great size. This will be our no1 beach to go in Cozumel in the future!

We just got back from our cruise last night. We did Papito's this past Friday , July 11. It was great. Agreed with everything the previous poster said about it.. Beach was awesome, food was awesome..(fish tacos were my favorite). Monkey was our server for the day and was very attentive to our family. The snorkel gear is included also kayaks , beach volleyball, etc. my wife had a massage for an hour (60 dollars) and she said it was excellent. It us a bit of a cab ride out there... Our cab driver also just stayed and waited for us. I am guessing about a half hour ride from carnival pier. The cost for the cab was 60 dollars round trip... If you are looking for a peaceful, postcard beach with great food and drinks then this is your place.

We just got back from our cruise last night. We did Papito's this past Friday , July 11. It was great. Agreed with everything the previous poster said about it.. Beach was awesome, food was awesome..(fish tacos were my favorite). Monkey was our server for the day and was very attentive to our family. The snorkel gear is included also kayaks , beach volleyball, etc. my wife had a massage for an hour (60 dollars) and she said it was excellent. It us a bit of a cab ride out there... Our cab driver also just stayed and waited for us. I am guessing about a half hour ride from carnival pier. The cost for the cab was 60 dollars round trip... If you are looking for a peaceful, postcard beach with great food and drinks then this is your place.

Thinking of trying this on our next trip. Since you have been recently I wondered if you could answer some questions?

Did you just take a taxi from dispatch at the pier and ask driver to stay? Did you pay taxi total amount when you returned to pier? I had heard you could ask bar to call for taxi when you were ready to leave? Do you know if the bar took cash only and could you pay as you go if you didn't want day pass? Thanks.

Thinking of trying this on our next trip. Since you have been recently I wondered if you could answer some questions?

Did you just take a taxi from dispatch at the pier and ask driver to stay? Did you pay taxi total amount when you returned to pier? I had heard you could ask bar to call for taxi when you were ready to leave? Do you know if the bar took cash only and could you pay as you go if you didn't want day pass? Thanks.

Yes, we went to taxi dispatch and told them we wanted to go to Punta Sur. This is where Papito's is located. We were told the round trip would be $60.00 . The cab driver didn't seem to realize how far it was so we had originally requested him to come back at 3:45 and then we would pay him when we got back go pier. Once we got to Papito's he said he would just stay.

• 5 months later...

can anyone confirm the cost of the all inclusive and does this include transportation? I've referenced their site but it seems confusing or could just be me. :confused:

It seems they offer a $35 option which includes taxi but not all inclusive. Then the $60 option which in all inclusive but doesn't mention taxi.

I've already sent them a message to inquire but wanted to check in with the masses here.:) Also, how long of a taxi ride is it? We'll be off Celebrity Silhouette. TIA :)

Hi cruisinlawn,

The cost of Papitos does NOT include transportation. We were there in July and opted for the All-Inclusive. Given the price of drinks and food everywhere else and the great quality of the food, it was WELL worth it. A word of warning, keep an eye on your alcohol intake, even though its all inclusive, they keep on bringing you drinks and in my case, "Over-indulged".

As for the transportation cost, We paid $100 for four of us, round trip. The driver stayed there the entire time since it was about a 30 minute drive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. So it appears the all inclusive would be around $80pp which would cover our taxi, would that be correct?

I know they offer beach access with transportation for $35pp but not sure what else that may or may not include. Just curious how it might shake out going that route if not big drinkers. Any input is appreciated. TIA

For 4 adults, it would be ~85 per person ((60x4)+100)/4. This does not include tip. Also consider that the "Official" Playa Mia excursion is $90 per person. I have done both and prefer Papitos for the following reasons:

• More Secluded
  • Less People
  • Better Food
  • Better Drinks
  • Friendlier Service

Hope my opinion helps.

Looks like if you book the regular tour with transport included and then add the all inclusive is a better deal...I just spoke to Melissa and she confirmed that we are picked up at our ship's port!

How did the numbers come out when you talked with Melissa? I'm confused with all the different options, and the differences that are not well defined between plans. It appears to me that:

- The $35 plan (Beach Break s1728) offered by Shore Excursioneer included transport from the pier, entrance fees to Punta Sur and access to the facilities, no food or drink, but is only 5 hours long. (this is my sticky point - we may want to stay longer)

- The AI offered by Shore Excursioneer (s1628) is $60, includes food and drink, but no transportation and lasts all day.

On the Papitos website they say that the Beach Break is $35, with option once on site to add drinks (+$30) or drinks and lunch (+$40)

And I see in a few places that there is different info on cut-off ages of kids. On Papitos website it says 4, but on one of the ShoreExcursioneer's pages it says 2.

I'm not a big drinker, and after being so full from eating continually on board ship, I'm not always interested in a big meal. Does anyone know how prices were on both the drink and food ala carte menus are?

I've sent them an email hoping for some answers to these questions and will post once I get them, in case anyone else wants to know.

I've emailed about the $35 trip and got a response. $35 is for kids over 2 and adults. Includes round trip transport and a guided snorkel tour, you can also snorkel on your own. You can add on AI when you get there if you wish. I found the menus with food and drink prices on the papitos website. We are considering either this for our April Coz stop or the kids beach hop. Basically I'm trying to decide if we want to see more places or just stay in one spot for the day! Tough decision!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://papitosbeachcozumel.com that is the website if you click on "beach club" and scroll down you will see the a la carte menus. I didn't think prices were bad.

The booking engine from the site just takes you back to shore excursioneer.

If there are four or more people in your party the prices are comparable to going independent but hopefully you have a more reliable source for your return trip. Although Papitos have always maintained they will call for a return cab I have always wondered how reliable their cell phone service would be because when I have checked with Rasta's previously (at the entrance to Punta Sur) they said they could not guarantee cell phone service to call for a return cab. The official price for a round trip taxi for 4 should be $60. Then you have entrance charge pp for Punta Sur. If there are only one or two in your party there is a considerable up charge.

The only concern I would have, apart from the price, is whether you are locked into set times for travel? It appears they are running the excursion for a set length of time so are they actually providing a shuttle bus, or have they said you can leave earlier or stay later if you desire?

We have a party of 6 so the papitos price with transportation is a good deal for us. It says 5 hours and we are traveling with 2 young kids so that will be enough time for us. I'm not sure about adding on time as I didn't ask that question. And yes you do book through shore excursioner, I posted the link because someone had asked about a la carte menu prices. :)

We have a party of 6 so the papitos price with transportation is a good deal for us. It says 5 hours and we are traveling with 2 young kids so that will be enough time for us. I'm not sure about adding on time as I didn't ask that question. And yes you do book through shore excursioner, I posted the link because someone had asked about a la carte menu prices. :)

Do you know if the transport is just for your party? Are they flexible if you need to return early? I have been to Punta Sur before but not since this beach club has new management.

Do you know if the transport is just for your party? Are they flexible if you need to return early? I have been to Punta Sur before but not since this beach club has new management.

I'm not sure... Hopefully someone can answer who has already done it!

I think that 5 hours is plenty for a beach day, even IF it includes the RT transportation time and some sight seeing. :rolleyes: It's especially plenty if the weather is bad. I assume that there is no cancelling for bad weather.

The only concern I would have, apart from the price, is whether you are locked into set times for travel? It appears they are running the excursion for a set length of time so are they actually providing a shuttle bus, or have they said you can leave earlier or stay later if you desire?

If you check this recent Tripadvisor review out, it mentions a shuttle. So the included transportation option must be on a shuttle instead of a taxi. I like that idea. Just hope we wouldn't have the trouble that this reviewer had.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d6480182-r245523064-Papito_s_Beach_Club_Restaurant_Bar_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I think that 5 hours is plenty for a beach day, even IF it includes the RT transportation time and some sight seeing. :rolleyes: It's especially plenty if the weather is bad. I assume that there is no cancelling for bad weather.

If you check this recent Tripadvisor review out, it mentions a shuttle. So the included transportation option must be on a shuttle instead of a taxi. I like that idea. Just hope we wouldn't have the trouble that this reviewer had.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d6480182-r245523064-Papito_s_Beach_Club_Restaurant_Bar_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I wrote to Papitos and got some more info on the differences in the essentially 4 packages: Beach Break, beach break with food and drink upgrade (all-inclusive add-on), All Inclusive Day pass, and All inclusive Day pass with transportation add-on. I'm glad I wrote!

Here's what she wrote back (promptly, the next day). Unfortunately, the charts she included will not paste into this comment, so I can't refer to it, and some of her comments don't make total sense without it. But basically it said that the Beach Break was 5 hours long, regardless of add-ons. It includes a massage and a guided snorkel tour. The all inclusive day pass includes kayaks and paddle boards, no massage, no tour and the hours are not limited. Both passes include snorkel gear.

We offer an All Inclusive ADD ON for the Snorkel Excursion, and also offer an All Inclusive Day Pass.

Please let me show you the differences:

Figure 1: Chart that won't print

If you book the Snorkel Excursion and Add the All Inclusive service (Food&Drinks), you will be paying 75usd per participant (35+40), but this is only for 5hrs tour duration.

If you book the All Inclusive Day Pass you can stay longer and you can Add the RT transportation for 80usd (1 to 4 passengers) to your package or hire your own transportation the day of your excursion (we recommend you to set the price with the driver before taking the service).

Inline image 2 As you can see, there is a difference of 25usd (duration, kayaks and paddle board related).

There are still some lingering questions I have, so I wrote her again and am awaiting her reply. Our ship is in port for 11 hours, so we want to take as much advantage of the beach that we can, so we'll probably bite the bullet and get the AI, even though 2 of us are not big drinkers.

And a comment: water and beaches are not ever guaranteed to be seaweed free. Even when the beaches are cleaned and raked all the time, the quantity of seaweed in the water is dependent on the currents, the wind and the weather. So the reviewer on Tripadvisor who complained about that should not really use that to downgrade the quality of the Beach Club. And obnoxious drunk Americans.... Well, once again, not the facilities fault. Except that maybe Papitos showed them a really good time. :D