Caribe Hilton or Stellaris?

MAJPLO

Which would you recommend and why? We have a reservation at the Caribe already but are considering switching to the Stellaris. This will be a three night post cruise stay with two kids age 5 and 8.

I have never been at the Stellaris, but am a frequent guest at the Caribe Hilton, usually booking a villa room looking across the to the Conrad. The Caribe has a cute playground area for young children - turtle theme in keeping with the island. If you do decided to stay at the Caribe, I suggest you meander over to the villa pool area - it's small, but safer and not filled with guests like the main pool. In addition, it's close to the bird sanctuary - the kids will enjoy the birds walking around, plus the koi pond.

Darcy

Thanks for your response. One reason I was considering switching was because I saw some recent Caribe room photos on trip advisor that showed things like mold in the bathroom and stained bedding. Did you ever see anything like that in your stays?

LinclonLog - I've never seen mold or experienced stains on bedding or carpets at the Caribe. Once, we did stay in the Tower section and thought the corridor area had a slight "dampness" smell. Got to remember, it's a humid climate, subject to tropical downpours. Since then we have always booked a villa room. The rooms all open onto open air walkways and we like having a dedicated "front desk" servicing that section of the hotel property, even though we check in through the main lobby area. We use the villa mini-lobby to exit the hotel property as it's closer to the bus stop for a quick trip into OSJ.

If we ever had any issue with the Caribe, on any hotel, an immediate call to the front desk requesting a manager's attention is the first thing we would do.

Darcy

Phillygirl, Yes. We like the Condado Lagoon villas at the Caribe Hilton. For us, a king bed is all we need. We do not need a suite or multiple rooms. Price-wise, we have always found good deals. Lots of options to select if traveling with a family. Love the HUGE bathrooms in the villas - spa tub, separate shower, toilet in another private mini-room, and the sink set-up affords each of us plenty of room to spread out our stuff. The balcony is something akin to a French balcony, extending about a foot beyond the room. We both enjoy the quiet of the villa pool area as opposed to the frenetic atmosphere of the main hotel pools. Few who book rooms in the towers realized there's another pool they can use. The Caribe is a huge property that takes time to explore.

Darcy

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton last August. We had a main tower room. We didn't have any issues, the room was clean and comfortable. We loved the beach area and relaxing in the hammocks. We are going back to San Juan in November and booked the Hilton again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just booked Caribe for Oct. AAA and AARP Rates under $100 plus tax n resort fee. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you book directly through the hotel's site?

• 2 weeks later...

I might be wet behind the ears so hoping to learn something. This rate is supposed to be for members of the Team USA Curling program, so can anybody use it? I'm Canadian so do know how to curl, but certainly am not at any national level.

Just don't want to be asked for my broom on check-in;)

Margaret