Booking My Time Dining

So the only way to know for sure if you can reserve times is to call? Our October 11th sailing says dining is unavailable and to reserve on the ship. It also says there is an error with one of our excursions, but when I called about that they said it was a problem with the Cruise Planner and the excursion was ok. This is our first cruise on Royal and I'm really disappointed to hear they have such problems with the website. :(

Nope, not yet! Even though I have had emails telling me I can book speciality restaurants, the system still wont let me book anything. I've rung RCL again and was told that none of their systems would let them book any dining for this sailing which surprised the person I spoke to as we are so close to sail date. They are going to contact the ship to find out if there is a issue with booking MTD and email me back when they find out anything. I'll keep you posted on any progress!

Pam

Thank You!!

Reservations are now open!!!

WOOHOO! At last they have opened up the MTD and Giovannis Table reservations. Now I am totally happy, excursions booked, dinner reservations made, and set sail passes printed. Seven weeks today we sail :D:D:D

See you onboard RustyHull :)

Pam

Apparently, the OP is trying to book the 7pm slot ( or thereabouts)...they usually don't take reservations in advance for the most popular times. You'll need to do that onboard.

Yesterday I booked time slot 7:15pm for all 7 nights of our October 12, 2014 sailing with no issues at all.

Question :

When you book MTD, they make you book all 7 nights before submitting, otherwise it doesn't reserve the times, it gives you an error and says it's incomplete. So, I booked all 7 nights. However, I also booked specialty restaurants for 3 nights at the same time. Now, it shows on those 3 nights that I have reservations at the MDR and at the specialty restaurant. I was going to try to cancel my MDR reservations for those 3 nights, but it seems to treat MTD as one reservation, meaning I'd have to cancel all 7 nights in one shot, which defeats the purpose. So, does this mean I now have to go to the MDR upon embarkation and cancel those 3 MDR reservations in person? If so, I will because I don't want to further hold up those without reservations, but what a PITA... :D

TIA.

Question :

When you book MTD, they make you book all 7 nights before submitting, otherwise it doesn't reserve the times, it gives you an error and says it's incomplete. So, I booked all 7 nights. However, I also booked specialty restaurants for 3 nights at the same time. Now, it shows on those 3 nights that I have reservations at the MDR and at the specialty restaurant. I was going to try to cancel my MDR reservations for those 3 nights, but it seems to treat MTD as one reservation, meaning I'd have to cancel all 7 nights in one shot, which defeats the purpose. So, does this mean I now have to go to the MDR upon embarkation and cancel those 3 MDR reservations in person? If so, I will because I don't want to further hold up those without reservations, but what a PITA... :D

TIA.

Just went through the same thing you did. I was forced to reserve MTD every night even though we only wanted some nights.

However, I was able to subesequently cancel the unwanted MTD nights without cancelling all nights. Go into your calendar and click the "Cancel" button beside the reservation you want to remove.

IC

Just went through the same thing you did. I was forced to reserve MTD every night even though we only wanted some nights.

However, I was able to subesequently cancel the unwanted MTD nights without cancelling all nights. Go into your calendar and click the "Cancel" button beside the reservation you want to remove.

IC

It worked - thanks, man.

I will try that again. First time it canceled all my reservations.

I made reservations earlier this week. I also had to reserve all seven nights of MTD times, then go back through in my calendar and cancel the ones I didn't need.

Help!!!

We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas on 12th September and I can't seem to be able to book the actual times we would like to eat. We managed last year to do this.

Is this general or is it just us????

There are ocassional glitches in their website where, on some days you can't view excursions, or reserve dining times, etc. One day I was able to view all the excursions on our cruise, and another day I could not. Just wait and try another day. The document that RCI emailed me when I paid the balance in full was that, if you have My Time Dining, you can begin selecting your dining time each day beginning approx. 90 days before cruise.