NCL Gem 2 bedroom family suite

mfhonli

2 questions:

Does the queen bed in the main bedroom separate into 2 single beds?

It looks like the bedroom kind of flows into the main bathroom. I can see the toilet is in a separate little room with a door, but the rest seems to be open. How much privacy is there?

I would love to hear form those who have stayed in this suite.

We have stayed in this suite on a few ships, but not the Gem. But, all the Jewel class ships and even the Dawn are identical. Other than the 2nd BR, the one on the Spirit is almost the same as well. The rooms are the same as the ones in the Haven.

The MBR can not be split into two beds.

The potty has minimal privacy itself. But, there is a heavy curtain that closes off the actual bed area. Also, they are real doors (pocket) that go out into the sitting/dining area.

To us, these are among the best on the ship.

Love em.

Yes, very open and the toilet door is a glass with frosted stripes or some such.

We have been in this suite on all the Jewel class ships and absolutely love it.

Ours have been the villas in the Haven area. You can maintain privacy for the people in the master bedroom from the other areas, but no real privacy within the master suite. When the curtain is drawn, it simply blocks off the bed, side tables and television.

We have found them to be wonderful suites for our family. I would not want to share the master suite with someone with whom I was uncomfortable dressing in front of .

Betty

Edited by PDIDDYwife

Please be aware that there is also a window in the bathtub area so that if anyone (from your room) is out on the balcony, they could see into the bathtub. :eek:

But great suites!

We have stayed in this suite on the Jewel, the Gem's sister.

Even though the toilet door is frosted glass, because of the layout of the bathroom and bedroom, there is almost no chance that someone would be looking in at anyone on the toilet.

If you are taking a bath and you want privacy from the balcony occupants, there is a window shade that can be pulled down that completely blocks the view to/from the balcony.

There is a separate shower stall in the master bath.

It is a wonderful suite!

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.

Just double checking on the bed. I have spoken to NCL twice; one rep said the bed can be split into 2 singles, the other said no. Has anyone had one of those suites where it was possible to split the bed?

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.

Just double checking on the bed. I have spoken to NCL twice; one rep said the bed can be split into 2 singles, the other said no. Has anyone had one of those suites where it was possible to split the bed?

We were in #11018 on the GEM in January and the bed in the Master bedroom couldn't be separated. I noticed that the website lists that bed as a queen size, it really did feel like a king size to me?

I've also stayed in the 2 bedroom family suite on the DAWN and that one wasn't able to be split either.

I would guess the rep that said it could be split was referring to the VAST MAJORITY of rooms on board. I am not 100% sure, but do believe it can not be split in this room. There are small end tables that appear to be permanent on each side of the bed.

I would also agree the bed seemed more like a king than a queen to us.

All master beds in suites on all NCL ships are ONE bed, and can not be separated. The rep that told you otherwise, was wrong....

We had the 2 bdr suite on the Gem a few years ago, and it was a very beautiful suite. We were in the Haven, but I have been told that the 2 brd suite on the Gem that is not a Haven suite, have the exact same layout.

Below I will enclose a photo from the bedroom as seen from the bathroom.

IMG_4916.jpg.036d5d76007d620b847fa09fcbb5ff65.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

I can't imagine there is any way to split the bed in half. the bedroom itself is configured for just a one big bed. there are night stands on both sides of the bed and a TV on the one side comes out of the wall a little, there wouldn't be any room to put the bed alongside that wall.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

And here you have two close-up photos of the master bedroom, so as you can see it is one double bed, and not possible to divide (like others have stated before me). But the bed is large - no worries....

IMG_4909.jpg.7e5336e4d00c95a242996a3f69d3c0c1.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg.cbbf80cabaff224c255d4ddb1ca8e7e6.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

All master beds in suites on all NCL ships are ONE bed, and can not be separated. The rep that told you otherwise, was wrong....

We had the 2 bdr suite on the Gem a few years ago, and it was a very beautiful suite. We were in the Haven, but I have been told that the 2 brd suite on the Gem that is not a Haven suite, have the exact same layout.

Below I will enclose a photo from the bedroom as seen from the bathroom.

There are suites on some ships with master beds that split, but not in the 2 bedroom suites.

On the DAWN I know the master bed in the SJ/SD suites separate...and I believe the STAR has the same setup in their SJ suites and the SG Penthouse on the STAR has a convertible master bed.

This is the description from the website of the DAWN...SJ suite...

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a balcony, queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, a sofa bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. Everyone can hang out in the living and dining area and there is a luxury bath with shower. Includes butler and concierge service. Note: Accommodations shown are artists renderings and are representational only.

There are suites on some ships with master beds that split, but not in the 2 bedroom suites.

On the DAWN I know the master bed in the SJ/SD suites separate...and I believe the STAR has the same setup in their SJ suites and the SG Penthouse on the STAR has a convertible master bed.

Sorry, somebody else posted that "fact" on CC earlier - and I believed it, since I have experienced suites on 4 different NCL ships, and they all had just one bed (that could not be separated). :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

SUITE NAMES MEAN DIFFERENT THINGS TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!

WARNING

This is the description from the website of the DAWN...SJ suite...

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a balcony, queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, ...

Most (maybe all) of the original 2 BR suites are what many are talking about. Some of the newer/added on Family Suites are sometimes different. The older 2BR I believe are the SC suites. Those beds do not split. The SJ is a different suites.

I point this out as the following terms can be used interchangeably (right or wrong - no matter). Family Suite, 2 BR Suite, Penthouse Suite. And then there are the DOS I think they are called that have the extra bedroom as well.

Stayed in a 2 BR Suite (11512) last week. No, the main bed does not split, and it is more king size than queen.

As others said, there is a curtain that closes off the bathroom from the bedroom for privacy (and also sunlight).

Also, there is a door that separates the bathroom/bedroom from the living room area for privacy.

There are shades for privacy on both the tub and shower windows for privacy if you are in port.