Teen Club Sign Up procedures on Getaway

jbitzer

I have a 16 year old that will be cruising with us on Ncl Getaway.

We have not sailed NCL before, do we have to go an sign her up to the Entourage section on the disembark day?

I'm used to RCCL online sign up where we signed up and did waivers online for teen club, sporting deck and other things.

Is this available for Getaway? Thanks

Yuck. I prefer online sign up.

Think of how much time is wasted waiting signing up, waiting in line, getting the adults to sign for her, (we are in different parts of the ship)

She doesn't like the mixers or anything-- on previous cruises it was just hang out for a few minutes, find people she liked to hang with and leave.

I really wish they had online sign up..

Yes, online would be nice. However, when we did it on the BA in March, we went the first afternoon, walked in (the only times adults can go in) and it took 5 minutes.

We also signed up for the ropes course the first day and that took about 10 minutes because of a small line. You need the card for whoever is going to go on the ropes course and the adult has to approve for a child.

I m still shocked that the older teens need to be signed up for entourage! Really! If any one knows 16 and 17 year olds the last thing they want to do is sign up with a bunch of little kids..

Online sign up would be ideal and eliminate lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jbitzer

I m still shocked that the older teens need to be signed up for entourage! Really! If any one knows 16 and 17 year olds the last thing they want to do is sign up with a bunch of little kids..

The sign up is in Entourage so the youngest would be 13 (sometimes on ships they also have it in another spot at the same time like the atrium). After that, they are free to come/go as they please. Probably a liability thing but it would be nice if it was online.

Edited by dexddd

I can see you are upset with not having an online sign-up - I hope it doesn't ruin your cruise. Entourage isn't near the kids club - I sent DH, and he signed up our teens, and I took the others to the kids club for sign up.

I wish I would've seen the tip to sign up all of the kids for the ropes course on the first day - they had to come and find us when they wanted to climb!

I was talking about Entourage. To a 16 year old (17 very soon) 13 is considered a little kid.. really that is a 6th or 7th grader versus 12th graders. Who thought that was a good idea?

They really should do something about splitting it 12-14 and 15-17 or something like that.

Developmentally 13 year olds are nothing like 17 year olds.

• 1 month later...
I was talking about Entourage. To a 16 year old (17 very soon) 13 is considered a little kid.. really that is a 6th or 7th grader versus 12th graders. Who thought that was a good idea?

They really should do something about splitting it 12-14 and 15-17 or something like that.

Developmentally 13 year olds are nothing like 17 year olds.

Entourage isn't education, it's recreational! Video Games, table games, loud music and other kids is pretty universal entertainment for ALL teens.

Sorry if 13 year olds being present offends your kids, but 13 year olds are indeed TEENAGERS and shouldn't have to be relegated to younger activities because of a couple of entitled older teens.

It is a good idea. Consolidating the teen area into one, allows for a bigger, more fabulous facility.