Buying in Advance...Which Way is Easier?

custompcsys

I will be on the CB in 30 days and was thinking of taking care of a few small things in advance so I don't spend the money elsewhere :) The other half and I will both get soda packages and I want to get a coffee card. I know I can buy these in advance but was wondering if it would be easier just to buy myself a $100 OBC and wait to buy the actual packages and card when I get on board? Seems to me that there is less that can go wrong this way but I would like to get your opinions. Thanks! :)

I will be on the CB in 30 days and was thinking of taking care of a few small things in advance so I don't spend the money elsewhere :) The other half and I will both get soda packages and I want to get a coffee card. I know I can buy these in advance but was wondering if it would be easier just to buy myself a $100 OBC and wait to buy the actual packages and card when I get on board? Seems to me that there is less that can go wrong this way but I would like to get your opinions. Thanks! :)

Buying the packages in advance would be beneficial because you wouldn't be taking the chance of paying local taxes on the purchases. Either way you do it, just bring a printed confirmation of your purchase.

I always prefer to buy things like that on the ship because I like being able to have a real live waiter/bartender get credit for selling it to me. I know that the coffee card costs about $2 less to buy in advance, but I can afford to be a sport for two bucks! And it's not like it's hard to get those items onboard; I think in some cases, it's actually harder to avoid buying a soda card! Those guys are eager! So, me, I'd just gift myself $100 in generic OBC and then do it once aboard.

As for the tax issue, multiple posters have reported that they are not charged for their package until after sailing. Even so, for a few percentage points, I'm not going to get all worked up about it one way or the other.