Have you gotten double points if your cabin mate is a no show?

It's just come to my attention that one of my adult sons may not be able to join me on my Anthem Thanksgiving cruise because he is changing jobs.

His ability to schedule a vacation will be up in the air for some time so I am leaving the reservation as is just in case he can make it. We are currently booked in a D8.

If he is a no show at the pier will I receive double points for cruising solo in the cabin?

My understanding is that points are given at the end of cruise for the actual days that we cruise, so the short answer is no. Is there someone else that might be able to come with you is your son can't? At least that way someone would receive the points. :)

My understanding is that points are given at the end of cruise for the actual days that we cruise, so the short answer is no. Is there someone else that might be able to come with you is your son can't? At least that way someone would receive the points. :)

Yes, I know that. But I usually cruise solo and since Oct. 1, 2013 double points are given to passengers in who cruise solo in a cabin (studio balconies and studio insides excluded) but pay the double occupancy. Triple points are awarded for cruising in a JS or better.

I am paying for the cruise, so if my son can't make it. I will be solo in a cabin that I paid the 200% double occupancy fee for. What I am unsure of is whether the cabin had to be booked as a solo passenger in order to receive the double points or if I wind up being solo in the cabin whether I will receive the double points.

My wife and I were booked to sail together on the Freedom in April. It was a JS. Several days before sail date I had to cancel. She was given triple points. I would suggest he cancel as late as possible rather than "no show".

My wife and I were booked to sail together on the Freedom in April. It was a JS. Several days before sail date I had to cancel. She was given triple points. I would suggest he cancel as late as possible rather than "no show".

This ^^^^

This ^^^^

Wow wouldn't have expected that as technically she paid a twin fare and you did also

But if you cancelled early enough suppose they fully changed the status

Congrats. Glad to know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was in a similar situation with DH. We decided to make him a no show instead of canceling. About 10 days after I got back, the port charges were refunded to my credit card and I got double points on my C&A account. It all happened automatically.

If you want to talk to someone, I'd call C&A to discuss it rather than RCL.