Freedom longer balconies? 6473, 6481,6442, 6450?

bethtex

From the deck plans it looks like these rooms on Upper Deck have slightly longer/wider (though not deeper) balconies than the standard.

Has anyone stayed in these rooms? is that the case?

the room layout looks different from the norm as well. Is there still room for a sofa as well as a bed? are balcony rooms in fact larger than standard interior rooms? I can't find room measurements but if they have a sofa and bed then they must be I think.

Only one of these rooms with what appears to be a larger balcony at the "standard" price still available on my cruise date so I need to decide on the upgrade ASAP.

Any info/comments, especially pics of these rooms, appreciated.

thanks

Beth

We stayed in 7434 on the Liberty. The room layout is differerent. No sofa, bathroom is not right next to the door. Bed faces the balcony/window. The balcony is about twice as long as a normal one, and includes a lounger. I loved this room!

This thread, post #6 has pics.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=940110

on the other hand=-== i disliked the cabin.

The only way to watch any tv is laying in the bed. sitting on the edge of the bed you needed to hold your head up to see it-- which hurts your neck after a while. Some of the pictures posted was not the way my cabin was== the balcony wall was where the table and one chair was- the vanity and then closet- I wrote an email that if they moved the closet down 3 feet it will give the cabin a different feel not to mention more space to move about.

The 3 sq feet section in front of the vanity was all that we had to get ready for dinner. the long hallway was too narrow as the closet took a lot of area over there.

want more balcony space I say book a true aft cabin. The balcony is bigger because you can spread out some plus you get a sofa and the extra room in the cabin

We were assigned 6442 on the Freedom. However we read so many comments about these cabins on the cabin review site that we changed to a different one midship. Bad reviews all said since they were right above a nightclub or lounge that the noise was terrible at night. Some said they were fine but we didnt want to take a chance.