Liberty of the seas review western med.

This was a trip of a lifetime and it lived up to it. My family included myself, my husband, two boys 12,16, my mom and my brothers family, eight in all. We first spent a few days in London. Great weather 82 and sunny, I didn't know it could be that nice. Three days were filled with sight and a show. Then Sunday off to Barcelona. Took us no time to get onto the ship, our first cruise as Diamond members. The weather was a little cooler than expected but for the trip that included so much walking it was. Ice between 74 and 80, we followed a storm so it was winding and rougher than normal seas. The only issue was on sea days it was windy and a little cooler but warmed up nicely in the afternoon with the sun. Pools were very cold but otherwise great days at sea. Our first stop was Marseille, but secondary to a port strike we went to Toulon. My brother was going on a wine trip so we were planning on spending some time at shore and then the ship with his little girl. The town was lovely but we did miss Notre Dame in Marseille but no worry we caught up on churches later in the trip. We had fun at the pool without wind that day.

Next day was the only disappointment, because of the high wind the seas were 10 ft waves and we were unable to tender I to Villefranche, so we missed Monte Carlo. It was a bummer but we went away fro the storm and had a great day at sea. There was no way to tender in with the conditions. So that was the only bad part, but understandable. Next was La spezia. We decided to go to cinque terre, the boat was not running secondary to the waves but we took the train out there. Just gorgeous, I would love to go back again. Next Rome, the highlight of our trip, Romeinlimo holds up to its reviews, our driver Gabriel was a true Angel, I can't say enough about this tour. We saw everything with a great lunch never feeling rushed. Our final stop was Naples. We split up that day. My family went to Pompei and spent the day in Naples with do e great pizza and lemonchello. I have always wanted to see Pompei. My mom and brothers family went along the coast to Sorrento and. Oils not stop talking about how great it was. I hope to go back sometime

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by mar915

About the service. We had MTD and was lucky to be seated at the same table each night with wonderful staff. I also did not mind the Windjammer for lunch, we went once to the main dining room for lunch on a sea day and I was. To impressed with the service. Breakfast was good in the dining room, but the buffet sometimes had cold food. We ordered from the menu, we loved the dream works chocolate breakfast with my. niece my boys slept in. The teen area was of course smaller than the Allure, which they knew, they got spoiled on the Allure. They did end up meeting a bunch of kids that they hung around with. Of course which such early days they did not stay up as late until the last night. I think all us parents wanted them up early on port days. We loved watching the World Cup with everyone e else on deck even though it was a bit chilly at night. Again it was cooler than normal but I appreciated it in Rome that it was 80 not the normal 90. The Diamond lounge was great. Our concierge Butcher was outstanding and you could not beat the views. This I like more than its location on the Allure. The patio was great just to sit and watch the sea. The staff never let our drink go low and was preparing our drinks as soon as we walked in. It was never very crowded maybe at most 15 people. Also we never had such a low bar bill with all before dinner drinks we had up there. They did allow my kids to come in since it was not crowded as long as they were quiet. They did once but the other days they were enjoying playing card and board games in the room across the hall. Nice to see no video games. We got off in Barcelona, the TA I line took awhile but then we came to our great hotel. We stayed three days I. Barcelona and had so much fun. I loved the old city and enjoyed strolling around. We saw countless number of churches and finished our trip with a great beach day. This was a trip of a lifetime and I am so happy my boys and us could experience the Vatican with my mom, it was her dream.

Any questions let me know

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here are some pictures from the trip.

Cinque Terre

ImageUploadedByForums1406265331.131795.jpg.4aa0a00daf47bacf5f2bf41ded9193cd.jpg

The Vatican

ImageUploadedByForums1406265385.611009.jpg.2ab7c98f9a36cc683a93eeaa8ec6cb49.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406265419.281225.jpg.e4406fca4276b86c6cac636efd40cc0c.jpg

Barcelona our hotel terrace

ImageUploadedByForums1406265486.028670.jpg.025fb63238ad8dead7acd6c54749b142.jpg

London

ImageUploadedByForums1406265511.443987.jpg.a0a12352ffcb6ddc90bcb5d561030673.jpg