Self catered apartments

jpres

Sandra, My wife and I are going to be in London at the end of August. We have rented an apartment (flat) in London using an on line broker. That broker is one fine stay. Their website is onefinestay dot com. You will find a variety of options, locations and prices.

Enjoy.

Page Turner

Sandra, My wife and I are going to be in London at the end of August. We have rented an apartment (flat) in London using an on line broker. That broker is one fine stay. Their website is onefinestay dot com. You will find a variety of options, locations and prices.

Enjoy.

Page Turner

Page,

Thank you so much for the info. Where in London will you be staying?

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Our rented flat is in the Bloombury area. Actually quite close to the British Museum. Tottenham Court Road tube stop is nearby. We are there for 5 days before moving towards Southampton in order to board ship for a TransAtlantic sailing in September.

Regards, Page

Hi Sandra,

Our rented flat is in the Bloombury area. Actually quite close to the British Museum. Tottenham Court Road tube stop is nearby. We are there for 5 days before moving towards Southampton in order to board ship for a TransAtlantic sailing in September.

Regards, Page

Thanks Page hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Sandra

This topic is frequently discussed in the London forum on Tripadvisor, so the OP may find it helpful to do a search (or start a new thread) there as well.

In the meantime... as orchestrapal says, the airbnb website is an excellent source for searching for a London flat. However, given the size of London, it helps to have a good grasp of the city's geography as you as you begin your search, or you could find yourself on the outer fringes.

For what it's worth, I've seen lots of airbnb listings in Islington, a vibrant, upscale residential area just outside central London, with plenty of pubs & restaurants and excellent bus service into the heart of town.

I'm a Bloomsbury sort of chap myself, and recommend a search there. For a more or less modestly priced flat, look at Studio2Let Serviced Apartments in Cartwright Gardens, about a five-minute walk from Russell Square. Lots of reviews on Tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d1924847-Reviews-Studios2Let_Serviced_Apartments_Cartwright_Gardens-London_England.html

• 2 weeks later...

VRBO and HomeAway are the other (more traditional, perhaps) sites that list flats.

As noted above, Bloomsbury is a good location. Nearby Soho is a fun, noisy area with lots of shows/restaurants/pubs. Also nearby is Covent Garden, which is quieter and maybe a bit more upscale than Bloomsbury.

Victoria is another central London area that might work for you.

VRBO and HomeAway are the other (more traditional, perhaps) sites that list flats.

As noted above, Bloomsbury is a good location. Nearby Soho is a fun, noisy area with lots of shows/restaurants/pubs. Also nearby is Covent Garden, which is quieter and maybe a bit more upscale than Bloomsbury.

Victoria is another central London area that might work for you.

We used Homeaway for our recent stay at a flat in Chelsea. Great location, beautiful apt. I would recommend checking that out.

Edited by bchbms