What does pre-paid gratuities cover?

We're from New Zealand where tipping is not part of our culture, so I'm confused!

We have pre paid gratuities with our fare - does this cover all the staff ie the room cleaners or is it just the dining staff? are we expected to tip on top of that, or does it cover the recommended amount? If we take a ship tour do we tip the tour guide or is that included?

Thanks!

We're from New Zealand where tipping is not part of our culture, so I'm confused!

We have pre paid gratuities with our fare - does this cover all the staff ie the room cleaners or is it just the dining staff? are we expected to tip on top of that, or does it cover the recommended amount? If we take a ship tour do we tip the tour guide or is that included?

Thanks!

Waiter, Assistant Waiter, Head Waiter, Stateroom Attendant, other housekeeping staff.

Thanks!

You will be expected to tip porters $1 per luggage item and room service a small tip per tray.

Your bar drinks will have a gratuity added on as you purchase them.

Your pre paid gratuities take care of everything else.

Hope that helps :-)

Guest maddycat

Thanks!

We usually give the tour guide a small tip ($5 for a half day tour and $10 for a full day tour).

Thanks!

If you are cruising from Australia or New Zealand you do not have to tip the luggage porters as they likely already earn way more than most cruisers anyway:D:D::D

Even with AU NZ cruises paying the Grats in the fare or along with the fare many still tip a bit extra to dinning room staff and cabin steward.

We usually leave $10 from each of us to table waitstaff and cabin steward last night so just an extra $40 from both of us and sometimes when i have had a few i sign an extra tip here and there to drinks waiters but usually in the lounges where the waitstaff have to walk a fair distance.

But dont feel as if you have to tip any extra on top as tips are already taken care of with the pre paid grats in your fare:) The extra we give is only because we started doing it when we first started cruising and it was always discussed and done between Main dinning room table guests when MTD/YTD didnt exist.

Thanks!

We tipped everyone where service was good as I don't believe for one minute RCI distribute the pre-paid tips