Reflection Med cruise review, June 3, 2014

buffetking

Buongiorno!

Finally unpacked, downloaded a gazillion pictures, and returned to work-work-work mode.

Excellent vacation on a very clean, modern, friendly ship. We arrived 3 days early to spend time in the eternal city of Rome.

First, a little about us so you can put this review in context. We are in our early 50's, no kids, 1 spoiled cat. We have cruised since 1990 on most mass market cruise lines, but most of our vacations have been spent with old RCCL and Celebrity. We enjoy 2 or more cruises each year. We like good food, interesting people, and exploring the world.

After a smooth flight on United, we eventually arrived to our hotel. Located near the Roman Forum and Colosseum, it was perfect. The room was small....very small. But it was good, I felt like I was in Europe. There was a grand balcony where we spent late afternoons discussing the days highlights. Apartments around us ablaze with flowers and rooftop gardens. While soaking it all in, we spied sly cats sneaking around the roofs. It was good, and we really enjoyed it.

More to come.

After a smooth flight on United, we eventually arrived to our hotel. Located near the Roman Forum and Colosseum, it was perfect. The room was small....very small. But it was good, I felt like I was in Europe. ...

More to come.

Will wait for the rest of your review and pictures!

Could you please post the name of the hotel you stayed at?

Hello again,

Our Rome hotel was:

Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri. Excellent, quiet location. Our room rate included breakfast each morning and the room minibar. Minibar was restocked each day with water, soft drinks and a snack. The staff were friendly and helpful. They also had a computer (free internet) in the lobby with a printer. I was going to book the room on Hotels.com. But then decided to check the hotel's website. The hotel website had the same price as Hotels.com....but included the minibar. So shop around and you might get a good deal like we got.

We used http://www.viator.com for our transfers from the airport to hotel, and later hotel to

the cruise port. All of our tours and transfers arraigned by Viator went smooth and without any problems. We used them to tour the Vatican, Colosseum, and a walking tour. Make sure you pay extra for the "skip the line" tickets. We avoided huge crowds and waltzed right in.

Down the street from our hotel was a plaza area with a large water fountain. In the late afternoon, locals would hang out around the fountain sipping beer and wine. Small restaurants surrounding the area allowed you dine on the patio and enjoy the scene. We went there at the end of everyday. First we had Gelato, then pizza...then watched the sun go down.

Like we've all heard..."when in Rome........"

• 2 weeks later...