Norwegian to offer "All Inclusive"

LOVEMYMO

Yes, it is $899 per person as an add on to an already existing reservation. They also have some pricing (for Getaway only I believe) with it included to make it easier. I received an email about this promo, and I checked it out because about a week or two prior, I had received a survey about just this promo. The main differences were in the proposed survey--the price was lower and covered the entire cabin--guess they decided against it. Oh well.

For me--traveling with my three youngest children-- this package is not worth it. I am unsure if all the people in the room have to pay for it (I'm guessing yes, as they already do that with UBP for all people over 21) or if they offer a lesser rate for children (which I somehow doubt). We don't generally spend $200 per person on excursions (never mind that this only includes ones booked through NCL), I can't ever recall purchasing 20 photos (let alone 80 if I had to purchase the package for each person) the UBP is pointless to me as I have maybe one coctail per cruise, if that and even the soda package for my teens on the last cruise ended up not being worth it either; I NEVER purchase bottles of water onboard, the specialty dining is enticing, but I can purchase that myself if I desire.

For some folks, I can see how this would be a great deal, however. If you normally get the UBP and/or the dining package--this might be worth it. I also could see some folks figuring that with what they paid extra, they may feel the need to "make" it pay. If you like dining exclusively in specialty restaurants, and take advantage of the UBP, the other stuff could work out in your favor. I have a feeling they are trying to entice people to pay one price and not worry about the rest. For me, not so much, as I generally don't spend that much per person on our regular fare, so how can I justify the added cost? For others, this would be a great way to budget your trip-- you would only need money for trinkets and such.

NCL wouldn't be offering this if there wasn't a market. People want to pay one price for everything and now they can. Great idea. If not, you can still decide to "freestyle" it and pay for what you want. Just opens up NCL for a wider range of customers. ( you know, the ones who constantly whine about being "nickeled and dimed" to death on NCL :p )

This might have been answered in the last two pages....I just booked all inclusive and have a third person in one stateroom who is under 21 and he COULD NOT GET the All inclusive package. The two adults in the room have it and he does not.

With the all inclusive package, or even the UBP, is there the opportunity to order specialty coffees with or without alcohol. I'm thinking Cappuccino, Latte, or even an Irish coffee ? :confused:

I appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this.

Joan

Coffee drinks are not included

• 2 weeks later...