Norwegian to offer "All Inclusive"

LOVEMYMO

Im platinum, so does that mean I will get double of the things included in my platinum perks? Or, does this mean I now have to pay for my platinum perks.:confused: I probably won't do this. On my 12 day cruise the AllInclu will cost $1200.00 ontop of my cabin price. Per NCL Rep.Hmm.

Correction: I was quoted the wrong price. According to the Ncl site it will cost me an additional $1598.00 on my 12day cruise which cost $1049.00. When I add up the charges per item my savings will be about $100.00. I don't spend that much cruising. On my very first cruise (solo) I almost spent that much living with a cocktail in hand every other hour, and booking all my excursions thru the cruise line etc. but now since I'm a seasoned cruiser and know my way around most Caribbean islands I've never spend that much again.

So this plan doesn't work for me. I can book another cruise with that money.:rolleyes:

My travel agent just sent me a price comparison with what I already knew I wanted (drink package, UDP, DSC and $200 for excursions). Just counting that I was saving $84.32 on a studio room on the Dec 25th sailing of the Escape. So I'm going all inclusive just to save $84 even if I wont use all the other "extras".

I had mentioned earlier that I was quoted the wrong price of $1200.00 for AllIn, but it is the right price for two passengers in a cabin. The AllIn cost $300.00 extra for solo cruisers. If this is an add on, why do we have to pay more.

I guess that's why there was a single cruiser discount of 25% the last two days. I had a feeling they were up to something. I'm glad I went back to an inside cabin instead of using the price break to upgrade. They were preparing us for the extra cost. So no discount at all. I feel tricked.:(

So I wonder if this is the only time we're getting the 25% break? I guess next time we'll have to pay full cruise fare plus $1500+. SMH.

I should also note that it's not $300.00 extra, but $200, with the 10% discount on the cruise cost.

Edited by Starrgazer50

Hmm, I find this package very intriguing. We always use the shorex, internet package, service charges (well no choice on that), tons of bottled waters, specialty restaurants, some nonalcoholic drinks, and we do play bingo at least once. Of course my morning mochas wouldn't count, bummer. Don't care about the wine, chocolate strawberries, or photos (although would certainly take them home to use). So if I bought this package for myself and my husband (since our kids wouldn't be eligible), and then got the ten percent off our cruise fare, it actually saves us a few hundred dollars off what we would buy on the cruise anyway. And we would be pre-paying the service charges, internet, specialty restaurant charges, etc. so that would be nice to not have such a big bill for onboard charges at the end of the cruise. I am definitely going to look into this more.

In early July, I booked a Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Breakaway for next summer. I just compared our cost with the current AI cost and we won't be switching to the AI. Given the current pricing, our rate would go up by about $2500. We can add on the parts of the AI that matter to us for less. Maybe it will work out better next time, but we'll hold on this one.

The fine print...

Terms & Conditions:

Valid on 3-14 day 2015 sailings, excludes Pride of America/Hawaii.

Guests must be 21 years of age upon boarding to qualify for this offer. (25 for 3/1/2015-4/15/2015 sailings). All guests in state room over 21 must purchase this package (25 for 3/1/2015-4/15/2015 sailings). Offer for new FIT reservations, New FIT reservations can be included into FS and Traditional groups and count towards TCs. Offer is not combinable with group block rates and cannot be held as group block. Package includes: 10% off cruise fare, Ultimate Dining package, Ultimate beverage package (including gratuities), 6-12 Bottles of Water (including Gratuities), Shore Excursion Credit, 20 Photos any size, Chocolate covered Strawberries, Bottle of Wine, 1 Bingo Session (3 games), 250 Minute internet package (including set up fee), and Prepaid Service Charges. Ultimate Dining package excludes A la carte venues, Ocean Blue, Entertainment based dining (Cirque shows, Second City lunches, Nick breakfasts, wine lovers, Illusionarium), and Chef’s Table.

Does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine. Ultimate Beverage package includes all draft beer, bottle beer, variety of spirits and cocktails, glasses of wines that are $10.00 or less and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay. Also a 20% discount to all bottles of wine purchased on board. Spring Break Policy applies to beverage package. (Visit NCL.com for details). Does not include wine by the glass over $10, bottled beer over $5.50, (non-alcoholic beer) draft beer over $5.95, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza Coffee beverages or energy drinks. Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations. All components of this package are commissionable at the standard agency commission percentage, except prepaid service charges and beverage gratuities.

Service charges and gratuities associated with this package are included. Shore Excursion credit is non refundable and can only be redeemed on board. Components have no monetary value, are non-transferable and non refundable.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify for one ALLIN package. Components of this package are eligible during cruise portion only. Package is unavailable for extended voyages under the same reservation number. Package price is in US dollars. Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Only ALLIN package can be cancelled until day of sailing with refund. Upon cancellation the 10% discount off cruise fare will be removed from the reservation. Upon cancellation commission on the ALLIN package will be recalled. Cancellation Fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow Norwegian Cruise Line schedule listed in the brochure, website and it includes different schedules for Suites. Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings. Combinable with BONUS, DASHSALE, SUITEOBC, HAWAII, RESNE, RESSE, RESSW, RESNW, RESMW, AARPOBC, AARP, MILITARY, and LATITUDE. Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: INCREG & INCLARGE

Edited by GrabMyWrist

I had mentioned earlier that I was quoted the wrong price of $1200.00 for AllIn, but it is the right price for two passengers in a cabin. The AllIn cost $300.00 extra for solo cruisers. If this is an add on, why do we have to pay more.

I guess that's why there was a single cruiser discount of 25% the last two days. I had a feeling they were up to something. I'm glad I went back to an inside cabin instead of using the price break to upgrade. They were preparing us for the extra cost. So no discount at all. I feel tricked.:(

So I wonder if this is the only time we're getting the 25% break? I guess next time we'll have to pay full cruise fare plus $1500+. SMH.

I should also note that it's not $300.00 extra, but $200, with the 10% discount on the cruise cost.

Umm I think you need to call back. See my previous post, my TA has me saving $84.32 by switching to this package over if I had bought the UDP, UBP, DSC and $200 for excursions out of pocket, that plus now I get all the other perks which I don't think I will use (photos, bottles of water, bingo, internet minutes).

That's funny... The "fine print" appears to include wording from the old UBP before it was updated. It is correct in saying that it includes all bottled and draft beers, which is the current UBP policy. Then it goes on to say "Does not include..... bottled beer over $5.50, (non-alcoholic beer) draft beer over $5.95...." which does not match up with the current UBP policy that includes all drinks under $10. It has both the new and old lingo merged into one. Definitely confusing.

In early July, I booked a Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Breakaway for next summer. I just compared our cost with the current AI cost and we won't be switching to the AI. Given the current pricing, our rate would go up by about $2500. We can add on the parts of the AI that matter to us for less. Maybe it will work out better next time, but we'll hold on this one.

Me too. Our rate would increase by $2200 for our suite. No thanks!

That's funny... The "fine print" appears to include wording from the old UBP before it was updated. It is correct in saying that it includes all bottled and draft beers, which is the current UBP policy. Then it goes on to say "Does not include..... bottled beer over $5.50, (non-alcoholic beer) draft beer over $5.95...." which does not match up with the current UBP policy that includes all drinks under $10. It has both the new and old lingo merged into one. Definitely confusing.

I think it's meant to be worded that way. Need to find the fine print on the current UBP, maybe the current UBP doesn't include bottle beers over 5.50 or draft beers over 5.95, but only includes MIXED drinks and wines up to $10.

Hoping this is just an initial attempt at all inclusive. It may benefit a very select few but from what I see the average person probably just can’t come out ahead. If it was just the difference of $100 potential loss if you didn't max out the components many would probably pay it but we are talking a big difference in price.

This is for 2015 sailings. The price of my stateroom has increased by $389 since I booked it a little over a month ago. Canceling and rebooking at this point will reduce the savings on my stateroom to less than 5%. For many the 10% savings is not applicable if they booked a month or two ago, cancel and rebook. The 10% could come to play if just now booking for 2015 vs prices last month. For three adults the price is $4347 extra for the package on our 14 nt cruise.

Looking at my stateroom occupants, three adults; one nondrinker, one occasional drinker and one wine drinker but very picky about the wine so would bring aboard and pay the corkage fees. Paying an additional $878 pp in alcohol for a 14 day cruise omits us from AI with mandatory all you can drink portion but I think it would omit many others as well. If you drink an average of more than 11 beer bottles a day, or more than 6 glasses of $10 or less wine each day then it may benefit but all in the stateroom need to purchase and for a port intensive trip such as our European 14 day cruise I can’t see many takers based on this alone. $2634 in alcohol and not even specialty coffees for three adults over 14 days?

Ultimate dining: I can see perhaps squeezing 8 specialty reservations over a 14 night stay but more likely will only be able to fit in 4 with the schedule we have. This is something I would consider paying for though in case the main dining rooms are truly as poor on the Jade as a few state but I’m guessing they are not serving up, “inedible” food by the majority standards. If you don’t eat in a specialty restaurant almost every night the UDP is worthless as well.

Then add extras such as internet. In our case we would get 750 minutes. If we are using 750 minutes over 14 highly port intensive days when will we have time to play bingo and get our 60 pictures taken? 36 bottles of water? Again a little excessive for me. The water on the ship is fine and my kids would kill me if I wasted that much plastic.

$600 shore credits. I can see easily using this for a Med cruise. Sounds easy and hassle free even if ship excursions are higher priced than what I can book on my own. But $600 is just a fraction of what we are planning on spending on port excursions and so most of our shore excursions will be booked independently. Not everyone has this opinion though.

For those who fit the categories that the AI covers it sounds like it can work for you. Perhaps I am the minority but I sure wish the plan they offered would allow some choices. Ability to exclude alcohol and perhaps addition of spa credits, specialty coffees up to a certain amount, fresh squeezed juices, soda?

I see where people want to have an AI option but at $4347? That’s a bit steep seeing that our DSC for three are only $504. The survey I was sent had some good options for inclusion, some of which I see in the final offer and some which are not, mainly a choice between AI options.

If a TA told me I was going to save a bundle by spending an additional $4347 on my trip now vs later, that I would still need to purchase specialty coffees, some meals, pay for any spa treatments, any shore excursions in excess of the $200pp allotment, and any additional tips as appropriate for services rendered I would question what kind of vacation I was being offered in the first place. For me this plan requires some major tweaking to begin to resemble any kind of savings. I’m someone who wants to budget, plan ahead and save where possible though which is why I broke it down according to my planned use.

With a corp. as big as NCL I imagine this is merely the first type of offer and as time progresses there will be AI offers for different types of travelers and plans that will suit someone other than the person who wants all you can drink as the cornerstone of their package, which this package essentially is in my opinion.

Umm I think you need to call back. See my previous post, my TA has me saving $84.32 by switching to this package over if I had bought the UDP, UBP, DSC and $200 for excursions out of pocket, that plus now I get all the other perks which I don't think I will use (photos, bottles of water, bingo, internet minutes).

I believe you're in a solo cabin. What I have noticed also, is that studio cabin AllIn is cheaper than inside cabin solo.

I did a fake booking on the 12 day Breakaway solo cabin and the AllIn cost was less than on my 12 day inside cabin.

But I'm over it now. I'm staying with what I have which is my platinum perks.

I'm glad that it works for you.:)

Edited by Starrgazer50

Way too much money for me. On our first couple of cruises we did not spend that much on board and now we spend even less. Might make me make excuses to drink more to get what I paid for. We only go to the pay restaurants once or twice a cruise, you never know how the day on the island goes if you want a big meal or hit the buffet

I think it's meant to be worded that way. Need to find the fine print on the current UBP, maybe the current UBP doesn't include bottle beers over 5.50 or draft beers over 5.95, but only includes MIXED drinks and wines up to $10.

These are the current terms. All drinks (and beer) under $10 are included. The other is lingo from the terms of the old plan.